Re: NBEMS on Meego?

  • Andy
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2011
      Hi Norm,

      Well, this turned into a nightmare on the MeeGo. After installing all of the required libraries, I was indeed able to get fldigi to compile, but the link failed. By hacking the src/Makefile, I was able to get fldigi to link (this should not have been necessary).

      When I ran the resulting fldigi executable, the configure dialog came up, but after filling in a few boxes, the main fldigi GUI did not come up for me. My netbook is fairly slow and maybe I needed to wait longer.

      So, I decided to try the "easy" way and install the binary tarball. No joy. That image was compiled expecting hamlib (a reasonable expectation), but on MeeGo, there is no hamlib.

      I'll bet if hamlib built successfully from source on the MeeGo, the binary tarball might just work.

      That's as far as I'd like to take it. Let me know if you continue trying.

      Thanks,

      Andy
      KB1OIQ