flrig 1.2.0 released

    Message 1 of 25 , Aug 15, 2011
      http://www.w1hkj.com/

      This is a major maintenance release with many changes over 1.1.3 with many hours of testing, testing, testing on the part of the flrig alpha test team.  Read through the changes log to see the evolution from 1.1.3 to 1.2.0

      http://www.w1hkj.com/downloads/flrig/changes.txt

      73, Dave, W1HKJ

    • Richard Dowty
      Message 2 of 25 , Aug 15, 2011
        What do I need to do to get rig xtml on Fldigi? so I can use it instead of hamlib???
        Thank you,
        Rich/W7EET

        This is a major maintenance release with many changes over 1.1.3 with many hours of testing, testing, testing on the part of the flrig alpha test team.  Read through the changes log to see the evolution from 1.1.3 to 1.2.0

        http://www.w1hkj.com/downloads/flrig/changes.txt

        73, Dave, W1HKJ

      • Joel Black
        Message 3 of 25 , Aug 16, 2011
          Go here http://www.w1hkj.com/xmlarchives.html and download your rig's file.  Remember where you saved this (preferably save to the "rigs" folder under your "FLDIGI" directory).

          In FLDigi, got to Configure > Rig Control.  Click the "RigCAT" tab.  Check "Use RigCAT."  Click the "Open..." button and find your *.xml file.  Make sure you setup the other parameters on this tab for your particular rig.

          73,
          Joel - W4JBB

          On 8/15/2011 9:11 PM, Richard Dowty wrote:
          What do I need to do to get rig xtml on Fldigi? so I can use it instead of hamlib???
          Thank you,
          Rich/W7EET

          This is a major maintenance release with many changes over 1.1.3 with many hours of testing, testing, testing on the part of the flrig alpha test team.  Read through the changes log to see the evolution from 1.1.3 to 1.2.0

          http://www.w1hkj.com/downloads/flrig/changes.txt

          73, Dave, W1HKJ

          No virus found in this message.

          Joel

          "Common sense is like deodorant...
          Those who need it most don't use it."
          --Unknown
        • Richard Dowty
          Message 4 of 25 , Aug 16, 2011
            It does not download. It opens up into code xml and I can not copy it or download it.
            Rich/W7EET

            Message 5 of 25 , Aug 16, 2011
              Right click on it, select download or save to disk or whatever option your OS gives you.

              Dave Wright

              Message 6 of 25 , Aug 16, 2011
                On 08/16/2011 09:37 AM, Richard Dowty wrote:
                > It does not download. It opens up into code xml and I can not copy it
                > or download it. Rich/W7EET

                Right click on your choice and "save as" or "save", depends on the web
                browser you are using.

                Ed W3NR
              • Marty Hartwell
                Message 7 of 25 , Aug 16, 2011
                  Or, as I did, once it is on you screen, I clicked on file in upper left
                  corner of page and
                  clicked save as, and the name was in my case FT817.xml, and it went to
                  my download
                  folder.

                  Marty kd8bj

                • Richard Dowty
                  Message 8 of 25 , Aug 16, 2011
                    I finally got it to my download page. Then found fldigi then when to rigs because I could not find rig.xtml .. then copy then paste it to rigs. Then opened the program fldigi and opened up rig tab found Rigs and opened file then highlighted my 706 xtml click OK and saved. IT WORKS! thanks fellow hammers whew! finally got it. Is there other graphics's other than just the frequency for the 706???
                    Rich/W7EET

                    Or, as I did, once it is on you screen, I clicked on file in upper left
                    corner of page and
                    clicked save as, and the name was in my case FT817.xml, and it went to
                    my download
                    folder.

                    Marty kd8bj

                    On 08/16/2011 08:57 AM, Dave Wright wrote:
                    > Right click on it, select download or save to disk or whatever option
                    > your OS gives you.
                    >
                    > Dave Wright
                    >
                    > On Aug 16, 2011, at 9:37, Richard Dowty <w7eet@...
                    > <mailto:w7eet@...>> wrote:
                    >
                    >> It does not download. It opens up into code xml and I can not copy it
                    >> or download it.
                    >> Rich/W7EET

                    <*> Your email settings:
                        Individual Email | Traditional

                    <*> To change settings online go to:
                        (Yahoo! ID required)

                    <*> To change settings via email:
                        linuxham-digest@yahoogroups.com
                        linuxham-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  • nh7o_hi
                    Message 9 of 25 , Aug 16, 2011
                      The K2 is now working as expected. Thanks for the great work.

                      Message 10 of 25 , Aug 16, 2011
                        On 08/16/2011 02:37 PM, nh7o_hi wrote:
                        > The K2 is now working as expected. Thanks for the great work.
                        Coding for the K2 was more difficult than I or the testers expected.
                        For several weeks we were like the monkey chasing his tail around the
                        flagpole.

                        Thanks for the feedback.

                        Dave, W1HKJ
                      • nh7o_hi
                        Message 11 of 25 , Aug 16, 2011
                          One small thing I just noticed... if I am in SSB and hit the PTT on the hand mic, flrig's PTT lights up. If I release the PTT on the hand mic, the PTT in flrig stays on, and I have to click it to go back to RX.

                          I would use flrig with fldigi mainly, so not a real concern. But having the flrig remember mode info per VFO is a good thing, since the K2 does not do that. So it is useful in all modes.

                          I also notice the S meter function is greyed out. Again, not really a concern.

                          tnx agn,

                          Al
                          Message 12 of 25 , Aug 16, 2011
                            On 08/16/2011 03:10 PM, nh7o_hi wrote:
                            > One small thing I just noticed... if I am in SSB and hit the PTT on the hand mic, flrig's PTT lights up. If I release the PTT on the hand mic, the PTT in flrig stays on, and I have to click it to go back to RX.
                            >
                            > I would use flrig with fldigi mainly, so not a real concern. But having the flrig remember mode info per VFO is a good thing, since the K2 does not do that. So it is useful in all modes.
                            >
                            > I also notice the S meter function is greyed out. Again, not really a concern.
                            I've placed these items on the flrig to-do list Al. Don't hesitate to
                            report any other quirks that you find.

                            Message 13 of 25 , Aug 16, 2011
                              On 08/16/2011 03:37 PM, nh7o_hi wrote:
                              > The K2 is now working as expected. Thanks for the great work.
                              >
                              >> This is a major maintenance release with many changes

                              Guess I better chime in. Built from source just fine as usual.

                              Pegasus 550 control is perfect.

                              Thanks Dave.

                              Ed W3NR
                            • w6dlf
                              Message 14 of 25 , Aug 17, 2011

                                > http://www.w1hkj.com/
                                >
                                > This is a major maintenance release with many changes over 1.1.3 with
                                > many hours of testing, testing, testing on the part of the flrig alpha
                                > test team. Read through the changes log to see the evolution from 1.1.3
                                > to 1.2.0
                                >
                                > http://www.w1hkj.com/downloads/flrig/changes.txt
                                >
                                > 73, Dave, W1HKJ

                                This release is great! All controls and "meters" work on Icom 7000, in Ubuntu and Windows7. I notice there is a checkbox for ALC. Is there a plan for a meter for this in the future. Also, there is a new checkbox, "key fldigi" in the I/O Ports configuration. What is its purpose?

                                Thanks for all the great work.

                                Dave
                                W6DLF
                                Message 15 of 25 , Aug 17, 2011
                                  > This release is great! All controls and "meters" work on Icom 7000, in Ubuntu and Windows7.
                                  Thanks for the feedback Dave.
                                  > I notice there is a checkbox for ALC. Is there a plan for a meter for this in the future.
                                  Only if the CAT structure for a particular xcvr supports it. Many do
                                  ... I'm not sure about the 7000.
                                  > Also, there is a new checkbox, "key fldigi" in the I/O Ports configuration. What is its purpose?
                                  If checked, pressing PTT on flrig will toggle the PTT on fldigi. Good
                                  for testing, but you should be using the T/R on fldigi for digital modes.

                                  > Thanks for all the great work.
                                  My pleasure.

                                  Dave, W1KIJ
                                • Marty Hartwell
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Aug 17, 2011
                                    Hi All

                                    I have downloaded the new release and I am trying it out yet.
                                    On first use I have seen some differences and like what I see.

                                    First equipment:
                                    FT817
                                    PC, mid range older Dell running XP. (Working on dual booting to Ubuntu
                                    10.04.3 soon.)

                                    Impressions so far, is that on the previous version I could get the
                                    VFO-B to read and control,
                                    or change it. On the new version I can do both VFO's. I am trying to
                                    understand actions upon
                                    bringing up, I think both VFO's seem to default to 14,070, and not read
                                    the current setting. I
                                    will keep checking.

                                    Once I get my PC set up for dual boot, I will download both Fldigi, and
                                    Flrig and see if the
                                    behavior is any different.

                                    Marty kd8bj

                                    On 08/15/2011 08:03 PM, w1hkj wrote:

                                    > http://www.w1hkj.com/
                                    >
                                    > This is a major maintenance release with many changes over 1.1.3 with
                                    > many hours of testing, testing, testing on the part of the flrig alpha
                                    > test team. Read through the changes log to see the evolution from
                                    > 1.1.3 to 1.2.0
                                    >
                                    > http://www.w1hkj.com/downloads/flrig/changes.txt
                                    >
                                    > 73, Dave, W1HKJ

                                  • Graham Saville
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Aug 17, 2011
                                      This Email was sent on 17/08/11 at 16:42

                                      Hi Dave,
                                      Have had a quick test also use Icom IC 7000 & Ubuntu I like the Layout
                                      its just about right for my needs. Have found one or two issues that i
                                      did not notice before and am wondering if it is a timing issue and would
                                      like to know what other use for there Icom IC 7000 settings.

                                      1) when the Volume control (AF) is muted Volume goes to zero but when
                                      unmuted its stays at Zero.
                                      2) manual notch slider "jumps" about in large increments when moved left
                                      or right.

                                      Best 73
                                      From Graham G1RNZ
                                      Good DX.

                                      Message 18 of 25 , Aug 17, 2011
                                        On 08/17/2011 10:49 AM, Graham Saville wrote:
                                        > This Email was sent on 17/08/11 at 16:42
                                        >
                                        > Hi Dave,
                                        > Have had a quick test also use Icom IC 7000& Ubuntu I like the Layout
                                        > its just about right for my needs. Have found one or two issues that i
                                        > did not notice before and am wondering if it is a timing issue and would
                                        > like to know what other use for there Icom IC 7000 settings.
                                        >
                                        > 1) when the Volume control (AF) is muted Volume goes to zero but when
                                        > unmuted its stays at Zero.
                                        > 2) manual notch slider "jumps" about in large increments when moved left
                                        > or right.
                                        Graham, etal,

                                        When submitting a test report please include a copy of the event log
                                        which shows the CAT commands / responses.

                                        Thanks.

                                        Dave
                                      • we2s_jim
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Aug 17, 2011
                                          I just upgraded to 1.2.0. First, thanks to you and your team for all the work you put into these great programs. I get a lot of enjoyment out of them.

                                          But, I do have a question. I am using flrig and fldigi with a computer running Ubuntu 11.04 to control remotely an Icom 703. With the prior version of flrig, both the SWR and Power meters were operative. With this version, neither seems to work and under the "Polling" tab all the meters are greyed out. I do miss those meters -- is there something I am doing wrong?

                                          Thanks again.

                                          Jim, WE2S

                                          > http://www.w1hkj.com/
                                          >
                                          > This is a major maintenance release with many changes over 1.1.3 with
                                          > many hours of testing, testing, testing on the part of the flrig alpha
                                          > test team. Read through the changes log to see the evolution from 1.1.3
                                          > to 1.2.0
                                          >
                                          > http://www.w1hkj.com/downloads/flrig/changes.txt
                                          >
                                          > 73, Dave, W1HKJ

                                        • Graham Saville
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Aug 18, 2011
                                          This Email was sent on 18/08/11 at 11:12

                                          Hi All,
                                          Please find attached debug logs for flrig 1.2.0 running Icom IC7000 in
                                          Ubuntu
                                          1) debug_log_mute_af.txt to show that when mute is pressed AF goes to
                                          zero then when unmuted it stays at zero.

                                          2) debug_log_notch.txt to show that when notch slider is moved the
                                          slider jumps to 3000 hz Far right and jumps to middle.

                                          Best 73
                                          From Graham G1RNZ
                                          Good DX.

                                          On 17/08/11 18:29, w1hkj wrote:
                                          > On 08/17/2011 10:49 AM, Graham Saville wrote:
                                          > Graham, etal,
                                          >
                                          > When submitting a test report please include a copy of the event log
                                          > which shows the CAT commands / responses.
                                          >
                                          > Thanks.
                                          >
                                          > Dave

                                        • David A. Ranch

                                            Message 22 of 25 , Aug 22, 2011
                                              Dave, A really great job on your part. It was amazing that you had my TT-599 Eagle working very early in the alpha test process and it was solid from that point. It is really nice to have two really good choices for the OS X mac boxes.

                                              Your software works quite well!!!

                                              Very 73 - Mike - K9JRI
                                              Message 23 of 25 , Aug 23, 2011
                                                On 08/17/2011 08:49 PM, we2s_jim wrote:

                                                > I just upgraded to 1.2.0. First, thanks to you and your team for all the work you put into these great programs. I get a lot of enjoyment out of them.
                                                >
                                                > But, I do have a question. I am using flrig and fldigi with a computer running Ubuntu 11.04 to control remotely an Icom 703. With the prior version of flrig, both the SWR and Power meters were operative. With this version, neither seems to work and under the "Polling" tab all the meters are greyed out. I do miss those meters -- is there something I am doing wrong?
                                                >
                                                > Thanks again.
                                                >
                                                > Jim, WE2S
                                                Please try http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/flrig/ version 1.2.0AD posted
                                                with recent corrections for testing.

                                                Message 24 of 25 , Aug 23, 2011
                                                  On 08/23/2011 02:47 PM, w1hkj wrote:
                                                  > On 08/17/2011 08:49 PM, we2s_jim wrote:
                                                  >>
                                                  >> I just upgraded to 1.2.0. First, thanks to you and your team for all the work you put into these great programs. I get a lot of enjoyment out of them.
                                                  >>
                                                  >> But, I do have a question. I am using flrig and fldigi with a computer running Ubuntu 11.04 to control remotely an Icom 703. With the prior version of flrig, both the SWR and Power meters were operative. With this version, neither seems to work and under the "Polling" tab all the meters are greyed out. I do miss those meters -- is there something I am doing wrong?
                                                  >>
                                                  >> Thanks again.
                                                  >>
                                                  >> Jim, WE2S
                                                  > Please try http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/flrig/ version 1.2.0AD posted
                                                  > with recent corrections for testing.
                                                  >
                                                  > Dave

                                                  Built without a problem. Ubuntu 10.04

                                                  Ed W3NR
                                                • we2s_jim
                                                  Message 25 of 25 , Sep 3, 2011
                                                    Sorry for the delayed response. Power at the remote cite was down for six days due to Irene. I was just able to give this a try today. I used version AI. This seems to have solved my problem.

                                                    Any chance of adding the ALC meter as an option for the IC703?

                                                    Thanks very much.

                                                    Jim