Re: [linuxham] propagation programs

  • Stelios Bounanos
    Message 1 of 4 , May 8, 2007

      > Hello group,
      > Does anyone have a propagation program running on digipup? A search
      > last night for Linux programs produced minimuf, but the link I found is
      > broken.

      Minimuf has been packaged for Debian, so its source tarball can be found
      here:

      http://packages.debian.org/unstable/hamradio/minimuf

      You could even try to extract and run the binary from one of the
      packages, as it only depends on libc and will likely run on most recent
      distros.

      > I've installed Wine and its helpers via dot pups, and I can run simple
      > Windows programs with it, but W6EL Rel.2.7 installs, does the station
      > setup and then crashes while trying to run the maps. Trying the
      > various graphical options doesn't make any difference.

      I just tried W6ELProp 2.70 out of curiosity. It seems to work fine with
      Debian's wine 0.9.31-1, i.e. I can see various maps without it crashing
      so far.

      With minimuf doing all the hard work, I wonder how difficult it would be
      to show the output in some kind of graphical form. Anyone interested? ;-)

      rgds,
      /-sb.
    • Ken N9VV
      Message 2 of 4 , May 8, 2007
        Hi John, I am new to the group. I found these Linux Ham references.
        Maybe one of them has a propagation pgm that you can use?

        ---------------------------------
        http://members.fortunecity.com/xe1bef/linuxsoftware.htm
        http://radio.linux.org.au/
        http://www.dxzone.com/catalog/Software/Linux/
        http://www.nitehawk.com/sm5bsz/linuxdsp/linrad.htm
        ---------------------------------

        de Ken N9VV

        lakeinter wrote:
        > Hello group,
        >
        > Does anyone have a propagation program running on digipup? A search
        > last night for Linux programs produced minimuf, but the link I found is
        > broken. I've installed Wine and its helpers via dot pups, and I can run
        > simple Windows programs with it, but W6EL Rel.2.7 installs, does the
        > station setup and then crashes while trying to run the maps. Trying the
        > various graphical options doesn't make any difference.
        >
        > Anyone with good experiences in this area?
        >
        > 73,
        > John W4JKL

      • Bob Nielsen
        Message 3 of 4 , May 8, 2007
          I use w6elprop running in 98SE in VirtualBox on Ubuntu 7.04.

          73, Bob N7XY