propagation programs

  • lakeinter
    Message 1 of 4 , May 8, 2007
      Hello group,

      Does anyone have a propagation program running on digipup? A search
      last night for Linux programs produced minimuf, but the link I found is
      broken. I've installed Wine and its helpers via dot pups, and I can run
      simple Windows programs with it, but W6EL Rel.2.7 installs, does the
      station setup and then crashes while trying to run the maps. Trying the
      various graphical options doesn't make any difference.

      Anyone with good experiences in this area?

      73,
      John W4JKL
    • Stelios Bounanos
      Message 2 of 4 , May 8, 2007

        > Hello group,
        > Does anyone have a propagation program running on digipup? A search
        > last night for Linux programs produced minimuf, but the link I found is
        > broken.

        Minimuf has been packaged for Debian, so its source tarball can be found
        here:

        http://packages.debian.org/unstable/hamradio/minimuf

        You could even try to extract and run the binary from one of the
        packages, as it only depends on libc and will likely run on most recent
        distros.

        > I've installed Wine and its helpers via dot pups, and I can run simple
        > Windows programs with it, but W6EL Rel.2.7 installs, does the station
        > setup and then crashes while trying to run the maps. Trying the
        > various graphical options doesn't make any difference.

        I just tried W6ELProp 2.70 out of curiosity. It seems to work fine with
        Debian's wine 0.9.31-1, i.e. I can see various maps without it crashing
        so far.

        With minimuf doing all the hard work, I wonder how difficult it would be
        to show the output in some kind of graphical form. Anyone interested? ;-)

        rgds,
        /-sb.
      • Ken N9VV
        Message 3 of 4 , May 8, 2007
          Hi John, I am new to the group. I found these Linux Ham references.
          Maybe one of them has a propagation pgm that you can use?

          ---------------------------------
          http://members.fortunecity.com/xe1bef/linuxsoftware.htm
          http://radio.linux.org.au/
          http://www.dxzone.com/catalog/Software/Linux/
          http://www.nitehawk.com/sm5bsz/linuxdsp/linrad.htm
          ---------------------------------

          de Ken N9VV

          lakeinter wrote:
          > Hello group,
          >
          > Does anyone have a propagation program running on digipup? A search
          > last night for Linux programs produced minimuf, but the link I found is
          > broken. I've installed Wine and its helpers via dot pups, and I can run
          > simple Windows programs with it, but W6EL Rel.2.7 installs, does the
          > station setup and then crashes while trying to run the maps. Trying the
          > various graphical options doesn't make any difference.
          >
          > Anyone with good experiences in this area?
          >
          > 73,
          > John W4JKL

        • Bob Nielsen
          Message 4 of 4 , May 8, 2007
            I use w6elprop running in 98SE in VirtualBox on Ubuntu 7.04.

            73, Bob N7XY