Re: [linuxham] Field Day and Fldigi

  • Jim Brown
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 4, 2011
      I guess I took the easy way out.  I found that I could use the standard log in FLDigi to enter the data.  Double click the callsign and it entered correctly.  Double click the class and it entered into the QTH field (because of the mixed number/letter).  Double click the section and it entered into the NAME field.

      Our group also used the N1MM log for the phone and CW operations, and they submitted the .adi file to me for integration.  I added an 'f' to the extension to make it an adif file (maybe unnecessary) and then merged the N1MM log adif with the log in FLDigi.  I then exported the combined log and used GEDIT to correct the NAME field to the same nomenclature N1MM used for the section and then went back through and used the editor to correct the class field.  This adif file then contained all the QSOs for phone, CW, and digital and is suitable for submission.

      Maybe some more investigation would have made the job easier, but I was interested in a point and click operation only for the on the air QSO, and that is what I got - no typing.

      73 - Jim  W5ZIT