Re: [linuxham] OT:: Setserial Help

  • Nate Bargmann
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 30 8:15 PM
      * On 2011 30 Jun 20:49 -0500, Ed wrote:
      > On 06/30/2011 07:43 PM, John Phelps wrote:

      > Well the file is commented out,
      >

      > > #!/bin/sh -e
      > > #
      > > # rc.local
      > > #
      > > # This script is executed at the end of each multiuser runlevel.
      > > # Make sure that the script will "exit 0" on success or any other
      > > # value on error.
      > > #
      > > # In order to enable or disable this script just change the execution
      > > # bits.
      > > #
      > > # By default this script does nothing.
      > exit 0
      >

      > > Extra commands cannot be the first or last lines in the file.
      >

      > So then where do the extra commands go ??

      Put them before the "exit 0" line, Ed. If the setserial lines are
      placed after the exit line then they will never be executed. As soon as
      the shel finds the exit, it quits the script. Blank lines are also
      fine.

      Two good guides:

      http://tldp.org/LDP/Bash-Beginners-Guide/html/index.html

      http://tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/