Re: [linuxham] Audigy 2 and Audigy4 OSS-emulation mixer remapping

    Message 1 of 32 , May 7, 2007
      Thank you for the great instructions on the Audigy sound cards Rick.

      Dave, W1HKJ
    • Graham Campbell
      Message 32 of 32 , May 21, 2007
        On Sun, 2007-05-20 at 21:11 -0400, Stephen Brown Jr wrote:
        > If your running Ubuntu, this wiki entry might help:
        >
        > https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RootSudo
        >
        > I've enabled root on all my Ubuntu boxes by issuing sudo passwd root,
        > then I can su in a terminal and do what I need to do from there. I
        > love Ubuntu and have been happily using it for two years, but it's
        > still beyond me why they don't think a root account should be enabled
        > by default.

        AHA. This reference makes many things clear to a non-Ubuntu user like
        myself. It even covers the thing that started the whole discussion -
        redirecting output from a sudo execution. It is clear that I had a
        number of mis-conceptions about Ubuntu.

        Thanks for the clarification

        --
        Graham Campbell