Re: [linuxham] fldigi window sizes

  • Phil Barnett
    Message 1 of 6 , May 4, 2007
      On Friday 04 May 2007 07:15, w1hkj wrote:
      > ai4of wrote:
      > > Is there a way to make the lower (transmit) window larger?
      >
      > Yes, in the next release. It is currently under test.

      Another question:

      I've been using PSK31 Deluxe from the HRD guys, but I loathe windows, so I'm
      trying to get everything switched over to Linux.

      fldigi sure seems to fill the bill!

      One of the features of PSK31Dlx is that you can double click the audio stream
      and cause it to replay the last few seconds. Like the audio chain is
      buffered.

      Do you have any plans to implement that?

      It's very useful for catching people calling CQ

      --
      Phil Barnett
      AI4OF
      Message 2 of 6 , May 4, 2007
        This, and multi-channel RX, are the biggest features missing from
        fldigi. Even digipan now has multi-rx. Pocketdigi fro OK1AK does as
        well, and it is built using an integer-math version of the gMFSK
        modems. Pocketdigi lacks the auto signal detection of Digipan and
        others, but it does allow multiple channels.
        73,
        Leigh/WA5ZNU
        On Fri, 4 May 2007 8:38 am, Phil Barnett wrote:
        > On Friday 04 May 2007 07:15, w1hkj wrote:
        >> ai4of wrote:
        >> > Is there a way to make the lower (transmit) window larger?
        >>
        >> Yes, in the next release. It is currently under test.
        >
        > Another question:
        >
        > I've been using PSK31 Deluxe from the HRD guys, but I loathe windows,
        > so I'm
        > trying to get everything switched over to Linux.
        >
        > fldigi sure seems to fill the bill!
        >
        > One of the features of PSK31Dlx is that you can double click the audio
        > stream
        > and cause it to replay the last few seconds. Like the audio chain is
        > buffered.
        >
        > Do you have any plans to implement that?
        >
        > It's very useful for catching people calling CQ
        >
        > --
        > Phil Barnett
        > AI4OF
        > SKCC #600

      • Jose A. Amador
        Message 3 of 6 , May 4, 2007
          There is a feature I use a LOT in Multipsk, and is multiple SIMULTANEOUS
          channels.
          I just open it and see what' s going on in the passband. Then, if I am
          interested,
          I click on one of the streams to jump there and I am ready to say hello
          to a friend
          or pick a new one.

          73,

          Jose, CO2JA
          Linux User 91155
          http://counter.li.org

          ---

          Leigh L Klotz, Jr. wrote:

          > This, and multi-channel RX, are the biggest features missing from
          > fldigi. Even digipan now has multi-rx. Pocketdigi fro OK1AK does as
          > well, and it is built using an integer-math version of the gMFSK
          > modems. Pocketdigi lacks the auto signal detection of Digipan and
          > others, but it does allow multiple channels. 73, Leigh/WA5ZNU On Fri,
          > 4 May 2007 8:38 am, Phil Barnett wrote:

          > >> Yes, in the next release. It is currently under test.
          > > Another question:
          > >
          > > I've been using PSK31 Deluxe from the HRD guys, but I loathe
          > > windows, so I'm trying to get everything switched over to Linux.
          > >
          > > fldigi sure seems to fill the bill!
          > >
          > > One of the features of PSK31Dlx is that you can double click the
          > > audio stream and cause it to replay the last few seconds. Like the
          > > audio chain is buffered.
          > >
          > > Do you have any plans to implement that?
          > >
          > > It's very useful for catching people calling CQ
          > >
          > > -- Phil Barnett AI4OF SKCC #600

          V Conferencia Internacional de Energía Renovable, Ahorro de Energía y Educación Energética.
          22 al 25 de mayo de 2007
          Palacio de las Convenciones, Ciudad de la Habana, Cuba
          http://www.cujae.edu.cu/eventos/cier

          Participe en Universidad 2008.
          11 al 15 de febrero del 2008.
          Palacio de las Convenciones, Ciudad de la Habana, Cuba
          http://www.universidad2008.cu
        • Phil Barnett
          Message 4 of 6 , May 4, 2007
            On Friday 04 May 2007 14:05, Jose A. Amador wrote:
            > There is a feature I use a LOT in Multipsk, and is multiple SIMULTANEOUS
            > channels.
            > I just open it and see what' s going on in the passband. Then, if I am
            > interested,
            > I click on one of the streams to jump there and I am ready to say hello
            > to a friend
            > or pick a new one.

            Yes, I like that too, but I'm willing to take small steps to get there.

            I'm even willing to help with the code, but I have no idea if this is an open
            development process.

            --
            Phil Barnett
            AI4OF