Re: How Upgrade

  • kenwood1995
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2007
      I'm there Dave, thank you.
      Great program.
      Murry

      > kenwood1995 wrote:
      > > I downloaded the zip file with hamlib support and done the compile.
      > >
      > > Murry
      > >
      > Well, you can download the new source tarball and recompile. Or you
      > could try one of the precompiled binaries. Linux allows you to have
      > more than one instance of an executable on the system. You just
      need to
      > know which one you are running. If you created a desktop icon you can
      > change the command associated with the icon by modifying the icons
      > properties. (right click on the icon).
      >
      > Dave

    • irvine
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2007
        Has anyone got a rig.xml file for an Icom-706MKII, or some help writing one?

        I recently purchased a USB RIGtalk RT1from WMR. It works fine with
        Fldigi/Fl_logbook using the latest Kubuntu 7.04 (Feisty Fawn-kernel
        2.6.20-15). USB serial drivers were included for the chips cp2101/2102
        used in RIGtalk and in USB RIGblaster (Ubuntu forums-March 2007).

        Using Fldigi with Hamlib, Fldigi talks to the 706MKII and reports the
        correct frequency for logging- no more QSL frequency errors!! Thanks Dave!

        I then tried the non Hamlib version of Fldigi on my laptop and RigCAT
        does control the mode and frequency of the 706MKII when I used a
        modified 706 rig.xml file (with 706 address (48) and baud (4800)). What
        other command changes do I need to get the 706MKII talking to Fldigi?

        Thanks, Irvine Read, N5UNB.