Re: [linuxham] beta testers needed for next version of flrig

    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 18, 2011
      Pierfrancesco Caci wrote:
      On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 21:02, w1hkj <w1hkj@...> wrote:

      But I think that we can produce a good back end for the K3 if you want
      to spend some more time testing.

      I'm willing, but you may have noticed I've not been around very much
      lately. I still have to finish that beginner's guide translation, too

      I am old, retired and lots of time on my hands.  You are young with a beautiful daughter to enjoy.  Look at the K3 and the beginner's guide when nothing else demands your attention.

      I think Thomas over in the U.K. will be providing a bit of assistance with the K3.

      Dave
    • David
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 18, 2011
      • 1 Attachment
      • 2 KB
      Hi Dave...im still here

      compiled from tarball on Linux Mint 10  100%

      now using an FT857D with a homebrew interface

      FT-857D.prefs in attachment

      seems to be running 100%

      73 David VK4BDJ

      On 04/19/2011 02:11 AM, w1hkj wrote:

      http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/flrig/

      This version represents a significant change from the current public distribution.  Please download, install if want to assist in testing.  Report successes and failures.  Include the following:

      Transceiver
      OS (version)
      h/w interface

      Preference file, i.e.
      Linux: ~/.flrig/<xcvr>.prefs
      OS X: ~/.flrig/<xcvr>.prefs
      XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\flrig.files\<xcvr>.prefs
      Vista, Win7: C:\Users\<user>\flrig.files\<xcvr>.prefs

      For failure mode analysis include a copy of the event log showing at least 30 seconds of data after program start.

      Thanks for your help.  If you want to be added to the flrig test team please respond to w1hkj at w1hkj dot com.

      Support xcvrs include

      Elecraft
      Icom
      Kenwood
      Ten-Tec
      Yaesu
      Other
      K2IC-703TS 140TT 516FT 100DRAY152
      K3IC 706 MK IIGTS 450STT-535
      FT 450

      IC-718TS 480HXTT 538FT 767

      IC 728TS 570TT 550FT 817

      IC 735TS590S
      TT-563FT 857D

      IC 746TS 2000TT-566
      FT 897D

      IC 746 Pro
      TT-588FT 950

      IC 756 Pro II
      TT-599
      FT 2000

      IC 756 Pro III

      IC 910H

      IC 7000

      IC 7200

      IC 7600

      C 7700

      73, Dave, W1HKJ

    • Marc Coevoet
      Message 3 of 17 , Apr 18, 2011
        Op 18-04-11 18:11, w1hkj schreef:
        > http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/flrig/
        >
        > This version represents a significant change from the current public
        > distribution. Please download, install if want to assist in testing.
        > Report successes and failures. Include the following:

        I just compiled a version for 64 bits and put it here:

        http://www.dxradio.byethost14.com/research/radio/flrig-1.1.3C1/src/flrig

        The whole folder with source is:

        http://www.dxradio.byethost14.com/research/radio/flrig-1.1.3C1

        Marc
        http://shortwave.tk
        700+ Radio Stations on SW http://swstations.tk
        300+ languages on SW http://radiolanguages.tk
        Message 4 of 17 , Apr 18, 2011
          Thomas,

          If you have time please look at the K3.cxx and K3.h files in the 1.1.3C2
          posting.

          Dave
        • David Kjellquist
          Message 5 of 17 , Apr 18, 2011
            Dave;
            Compiled flrig-1.1.3C2 from source on Ubuntu 10.10 X64
            Seems to work perfectly, same as current version

            Message 6 of 17 , Apr 18, 2011
              David Kjellquist wrote:
              Dave;
              	Compiled flrig-1.1.3C2 from source on Ubuntu 10.10  X64
              Seems to work perfectly, same as current version

              Transceiver   TS-570D
              OS (version)   Ubuntu 10.10 64 bit
              h/w interface   Xcvr control USB-Serial Converter (Prolific Tech
              PL2303)

              Thank you ... one more xcvr class that I can consider stable.

              Dave
            • Mark Cudworth
              Message 7 of 17 , Apr 19, 2011
              • 1 Attachment
              • 2 KB
              w1hkj <w1hkj@...> wrote:

              > Transceiver
              > OS (version)
              > h/w interface

              flrig 1.1.3C2
              Icom IC-746Pro
              Linux (Slackware64 13.1)
              Rigblaster Plug & Play

              > Preference file, i.e.
              > Linux: ~/.flrig/<xcvr>.prefs

              See attached.

              The program compiled (with flags --enable-debug
              --enable-optimizations=sse2) and runs fine. The mouse wheel/buttons and
              up-arrow/right-arrow/page-up keys will not move the frequency up,
              although their counterparts will move the frequency down. This has
              actually been the case for quite some time, but I have been tuning using
              Fldigi which, oddly enough, works just fine. Are the frequency displays
              in Fldigi and Flrig different in some way?

              --
              Mark Cudworth
              W9FXC
              Message 8 of 17 , Apr 19, 2011
                Hi Dave and all, I will do tests on the icom IC7000 and Ubuntu soon, when time permits.

                Best 73
                From Graham G1RNZ
                Good DX.

                On 18/04/11 21:21, w1hkj wrote:
                Pierfrancesco Caci wrote: I am old, retired and lots of time on my hands.  You are young with a beautiful daughter to enjoy.  Look at the K3 and the beginner's guide when nothing else demands your attention.

                I think Thomas over in the U.K. will be providing a bit of assistance with the K3.