Re: Kachina CAT 0.945b posted

  • w3frg01
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 8, 2006
      Dave and all,

      I hope that you can get the help needed from Doug and Dan. Certainly
      the best and most knowledgable on the 505.

      The only comment I have is with regard to the Smith Chart. The plot
      will be basically useless unless a reference plane can be identified.
      Seeing the plot is one thing, but where is it with respect to the
      load / source.

      Great going, you have really come a long way in a very short time.

      Tom (frg)

      > w3frg01 wrote:
      >
      > >Dave,
      > >
      > >This (Windows)version is working better than ever.
      > >Your two steps ahead of my thoughts on items that you incorporate.
      > >Your pgm has a lot of advantages and ease of use over the original
      > >505.exe pgm.
      > >

      > Thanks! I'm glad to receive good news on the latest revisions.
      >
      > >Looking fwd to the freq cal, if it's on the list of things to do,
      hi.
      > >There isn't much after that, or is there ?
      > >

      > Oh yes, many things on the agenda, time permitting. The first
      thing I
      > want to be able to do is read all of the NRAM data and save it to
      > disk file for future uploading back to the transceiver. I think
      there
      > is enough information in the programming specification file, but I
      want
      > to verify the safeness of various commands. I'm hoping that either
      Doug
      > Smith or Dan Kimball will assist me on that front. You know of
      Doug,