Re: Com port, USB

  • w7eet
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2011
      If you get error messages about /dev/ttyUSB0 let me know and I will send you a step by step proceedure to try and see if it will correct it.
      Rich/w7eet

      --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, "ThomasA" <k8wdx@...> wrote:

      > OK I have everything going smoothly, The next thing is to get rig control, I am a new Linux Mint user, and am having trouble, figuring this out. I believe I have to set the port up, but do not know how, any tips on how to do this before I dive in? Equipment.... HP, desk top, Only has USB ports, would like to install a serial port, (any recomends?) FLdigi, and CQRlog, like to get it going with both FLdigi and CQRlog, oh yea, Linux Mint... thanks for any input. Once I can figure out how to set it up, I should be able to do the rest, between programs, just not sure how ports work with Linux, I know with windows had to go to device manager and set ports. Thanks!!

    • ThomasA
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2011
        --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, "w7eet" <w7eet@...> wrote:

        > If you get error messages about /dev/ttyUSB0 let me know and I will send you a step by step proceedure to try and see if it will correct it.
        > Rich/w7eet
        Thanks Rich, I will try it later this week end, I have a PCI serial card I will install that as well, and see how that works, I am truly having fun...