Re: [linuxham] rigCat.xml files

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 6, 2011
      Steve Sykes wrote:
      Dave,

      Does that mean that a command file can not be made for a radio using ascii strings?

      Steve

      Your ASCII string concept would be very nice Steve, but unfortunately there are no radios that have such simple CAT string commands.

      Dave
    • Steve
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 7, 2011
        Alan,

        I have used teraterm or procomm to do as you suggest, send a command, wait for a response, send another, etc. It would really be nice to have it integrated with a communication program, my preference is fldigi.
        The radio is an RF-5000 system, a tactical radio built by Harris. They are becoming more and more available on the surplus market. As in my example, if you send a <CR> it answers SSB><CR><LF>, send MODE<CR> it answers
        MODE USB<CR><LF>
        BAND 3.0<CR><LF>

        Every command is like that, frequency must include the leading 0.

        I have looked into the rigctl programs, but have not been able to really figure it out yet. I figure if I can get one word to work then the rest should be easy...

        73
        Steve KD2OM

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 7, 2011
          Steve wrote:
          > Alan,
          >
          > I have used teraterm or procomm to do as you suggest, send a command, wait for a response, send another, etc. It would really be nice to have it integrated with a communication program, my preference is fldigi.
          > The radio is an RF-5000 system, a tactical radio built by Harris. They are becoming more and more available on the surplus market. As in my example, if you send a <CR> it answers SSB><CR><LF>, send MODE<CR> it answers
          > MODE USB<CR><LF>
          > BAND 3.0<CR><LF>
          > SSB>
          >
          > Every command is like that, frequency must include the leading 0.
          >
          > I have looked into the rigctl programs, but have not been able to really figure it out yet. I figure if I can get one word to work then the rest should be easy...
          >
          > 73
          > Steve KD2OM

          Do you have a pdf file that describes the full set of CAT commands and

          Dave, W1HKJ