Re: [linuxham] importing logfile from MixW2

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 4, 2007
      jerome wrote:
      > Dear Wizards:
      >
      > I'm trying to add my old MixW2.log file into fl_logbook. I exported
      > the MixW2.log -> MixW2.adi . The format looks identical to the
      > fldigi.adif file and so, not finding any import menu items in
      > fl_logbook, I tried:

      Try the "File/Merge" menu item Jerome. Let me know if you are
      successful or not. If you are still having problems you could send me
      your adif file and I will return a lgb file.

      Dave, W1HKJ
    • jerome
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 4, 2007

        > jerome wrote:
        > > Dear Wizards:
        > >
        > > I'm trying to add my old MixW2.log file into fl_logbook. I exported
        > > the MixW2.log -> MixW2.adi . The format looks identical to the
        > > fldigi.adif file and so, not finding any import menu items in
        > > fl_logbook, I tried:
        > >
        > Try the "File/Merge" menu item Jerome. Let me know if you are
        > successful or not. If you are still having problems you could send me
        > your adif file and I will return a lgb file.
        >
        > Dave, W1HKJ

        Hi Dave.... I can't see how to merge fldigi.adif and MixW2.adi ->
        totalfile.adif and then convert it to a new logbook.lgb file. The goal
        would be to have the new .lgb show both the contacts I've made with
        fldigi and Mix2 on fl_logbook's screen. I don't know if I made that
        clear, as you asked for only a single adif file.

        Maybe this can't be done?

        Best,
        Jerome - va7vv
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 4, 2007
          > Hi Dave.... I can't see how to merge fldigi.adif and MixW2.adi ->
          > totalfile.adif and then convert it to a new logbook.lgb file. The goal
          > would be to have the new .lgb show both the contacts I've made with
          > fldigi and Mix2 on fl_logbook's screen. I don't know if I made that
          > clear, as you asked for only a single adif file.

          Rename or copy the MixW2.adi file to MixW2.adif

          Start fl_logbook with your default log database.

          Select the menu item Files/Merge/ADIF

          Pick the MixW2.adif file for the merger.

          You should now have a completely merged database.

          Select the menu item Files/Save As to save as a new file so that you
          don't lose the original log database.

          Close fldigi and restart with the new database (easiest from the command
          line)
          fl_logbook <dbname.lgb>

          It's been a while since I tested this so please be sure to save your
          original log database before making the merger.

          73, Dave, W1HKJ
        • afa1yy
          Message 4 of 6 , May 21, 2013
            I'm in a somewhat similar situation. I use LOG4OM for logging. It saves files in SQLite format. fldigi saves files in ADIF format. Other than save up a bunch of log entries and export them as ADIF which can then uploading them to LOG4OM, I do not see any way to send individual log entries in real time to be entered in my logging program. Am I correct?

            Art K0AY

            > jerome wrote:
            > > Dear Wizards:
            > >
            > > I'm trying to add my old MixW2.log file into fl_logbook. I exported
            > > the MixW2.log -> MixW2.adi . The format looks identical to the
            > > fldigi.adif file and so, not finding any import menu items in
            > > fl_logbook, I tried:
            > >
            > Try the "File/Merge" menu item Jerome. Let me know if you are
            > successful or not. If you are still having problems you could send me
            > your adif file and I will return a lgb file.
            >
            > Dave, W1HKJ

          • Dave Wright
            Message 5 of 6 , May 21, 2013
              Log4om can be set to automatically import logs from the Fldigi log into log4om.

              Sent from Mailbox for iPhone