importing logfile from MixW2

  • jerome
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 4, 2007
      Dear Wizards:

      I'm trying to add my old MixW2.log file into fl_logbook. I exported
      the MixW2.log -> MixW2.adi . The format looks identical to the
      fldigi.adif file and so, not finding any import menu items in
      fl_logbook, I tried:

      'cat MixW2.adi fldigi.adif > fldigi.adif'. That did nothing. How to do
      this?

      Thanks for any advice..
      Jerome - va7vv
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 4, 2007
        jerome wrote:
        > Dear Wizards:
        >
        > I'm trying to add my old MixW2.log file into fl_logbook. I exported
        > the MixW2.log -> MixW2.adi . The format looks identical to the
        > fldigi.adif file and so, not finding any import menu items in
        > fl_logbook, I tried:

        Try the "File/Merge" menu item Jerome. Let me know if you are
        successful or not. If you are still having problems you could send me
        your adif file and I will return a lgb file.

        Dave, W1HKJ
      • jerome
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 4, 2007

          > jerome wrote:
          > > Dear Wizards:
          > >
          > > I'm trying to add my old MixW2.log file into fl_logbook. I exported
          > > the MixW2.log -> MixW2.adi . The format looks identical to the
          > > fldigi.adif file and so, not finding any import menu items in
          > > fl_logbook, I tried:
          > >
          > Try the "File/Merge" menu item Jerome. Let me know if you are
          > successful or not. If you are still having problems you could send me
          > your adif file and I will return a lgb file.
          >
          > Dave, W1HKJ

          Hi Dave.... I can't see how to merge fldigi.adif and MixW2.adi ->
          totalfile.adif and then convert it to a new logbook.lgb file. The goal
          would be to have the new .lgb show both the contacts I've made with
          fldigi and Mix2 on fl_logbook's screen. I don't know if I made that
          clear, as you asked for only a single adif file.

          Maybe this can't be done?

          Best,
          Jerome - va7vv
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 4, 2007
            > Hi Dave.... I can't see how to merge fldigi.adif and MixW2.adi ->
            > totalfile.adif and then convert it to a new logbook.lgb file. The goal
            > would be to have the new .lgb show both the contacts I've made with
            > fldigi and Mix2 on fl_logbook's screen. I don't know if I made that
            > clear, as you asked for only a single adif file.

            Rename or copy the MixW2.adi file to MixW2.adif

            Start fl_logbook with your default log database.

            Select the menu item Files/Merge/ADIF

            Pick the MixW2.adif file for the merger.

            You should now have a completely merged database.

            Select the menu item Files/Save As to save as a new file so that you
            don't lose the original log database.

            Close fldigi and restart with the new database (easiest from the command
            line)
            fl_logbook <dbname.lgb>

            It's been a while since I tested this so please be sure to save your
            original log database before making the merger.

            73, Dave, W1HKJ
          • afa1yy
            Message 5 of 6 , May 21, 2013
              I'm in a somewhat similar situation. I use LOG4OM for logging. It saves files in SQLite format. fldigi saves files in ADIF format. Other than save up a bunch of log entries and export them as ADIF which can then uploading them to LOG4OM, I do not see any way to send individual log entries in real time to be entered in my logging program. Am I correct?

              Art K0AY

              > jerome wrote:
              > > Dear Wizards:
              > >
              > > I'm trying to add my old MixW2.log file into fl_logbook. I exported
              > > the MixW2.log -> MixW2.adi . The format looks identical to the
              > > fldigi.adif file and so, not finding any import menu items in
              > > fl_logbook, I tried:
              > >
              > Try the "File/Merge" menu item Jerome. Let me know if you are
              > successful or not. If you are still having problems you could send me
              > your adif file and I will return a lgb file.
              >
              > Dave, W1HKJ

            • Dave Wright
              Message 6 of 6 , May 21, 2013
                Log4om can be set to automatically import logs from the Fldigi log into log4om.

                Sent from Mailbox for iPhone