RTTY in USB or LSB with FT-857

  • hb9txw
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2007
      I use fldigi with a FT-857, I operate the PTT through the cat interface.
      With that configuration you have to put the FT-857 in DIG mode so that
      it transmits the signal received by its digital input in the back and
      not the noise entering the mike.
      In that configuration, the FT-857 is unable to tell through the CAT
      interface if DIG means USB or LSB.
      Fldigi takes it as RTTY and "assumes" it as LSB or USB and corrects
      the frequency scale accordingly.
      I already got both situations but do not know why...
      I would like to know if there is some configuration menu to make that
      clear that I overlooked.

      Thank you for your experience.

      73

      Christian HB9TXW
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 31, 2007
        hb9txw wrote:
        > I use fldigi with a FT-857, I operate the PTT through the cat interface.
        > With that configuration you have to put the FT-857 in DIG mode so that
        > it transmits the signal received by its digital input in the back and
        > not the noise entering the mike.
        > In that configuration, the FT-857 is unable to tell through the CAT
        > interface if DIG means USB or LSB.
        > Fldigi takes it as RTTY and "assumes" it as LSB or USB and corrects
        > the frequency scale accordingly.
        > I already got both situations but do not know why...
        > I would like to know if there is some configuration menu to make that
        > clear that I overlooked.
        >
        > Thank you for your experience.
        >
        > 73
        >
        > Christian HB9TXW

        I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for or not:

        open fldigi >> configure >> modems >> rtty

        check the rtty is usb box, save config

        Is this what you are needing ?

        Ed W3NR
      • hb9txw
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 5, 2007
          Yes, this solved the problem.
          After one week operation it seems stable that way.
          Thank you and 73.

          Christian