FT-840, Maybe FT-900 Too?

  • hczerwick
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2011
      I've seen a couple of posts on getting a Yaesu FT840 to work properly. I have mine working so I thought I'd post this as a reference for anyone else looking to make this rig work. The FT-900 CAT Command set is identical to the 840 except for one command. The 900 has a command for Repeater Tones and the 840 does not. So the FT 900 Rig.XML will work fine. I am using RigCat. In the set up window set the speed to 4800 and the Stop Bits. All of the check boxes should be unchecked except the DTR+12V one. The CAT for PTT box works and I have had my PTT working both with the CAT and with another serial port that is part of my sound card interface.

      I have not been able to get my rig to work with Hamlib. Both rigctl and grig just go to a constant key down state when I use them with the untested 111 hamlib file.

      Hank AB2XG