Re: [linuxham] Operator Error = Nasty fldigi Crash/Hang

  • mm0fmf
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2011
      doc@... wrote:

      > Just a thought for clarity ...

      Windows != windows ;-)
    • John Randall
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 2, 2011
        My thought, When linux can keep up with Windows, then you can brag...hi hi

        John

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 2, 2011
          Actually the concept of "windows" was "borrowed" by
          Gates & MS, not invented by them.

          The GUI he likes to call "Windows" as "Kleenex" likes
          to call tissues "Kleenex" is just another GUI.

          Apple's implementation of windows AKA a GUI has always
          been superior to MS's efforts.

          Modern versions of Linux are excellent as well.

          --

          A blessed New Year & 73, doc, KD4E
          http://kd4e.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 2, 2011
            If it weren't for the abuse of monopoly and massive marketing
            dollars the MS versions of windows (merely one GUI among many)
            would long-since have disappeared from the marketplace.

            The misrepresentations of every version of the MS versions of
            windows have danced on the edge of false advertising and breach
            of contract. (Cannot believe anyone actually pays for that junk.)

            e.g. "The most secure", "The most stable", "The most efficient",
            etc.

            The leaders of the former USSR used to make claims to their captive
            population (denied access to open information and media) about the
            things they had invented - many of which existed long before the
            USSR itself existed - others clearly were invented elsewhere.
            Hucksters and thugs never really change their methods.

            BTW: I just had the unfortunate need to briefly use a pc with a
            MS version of windows on it called "7" (not sure why they call it
            that) -- I'll take my Linux GUI any time. What a clunky and
            inefficient mess their "7" is!

            *From:* mm0fmf <mm0fmf@...>