Re: [linuxham] FLDIGI 3.12.5 vs 3.2.XX

  • Marty Hartwell
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2011
      Hi
      Here is what I did, I use Ubuntu 10.04, downloaded the bin file for
      3.20.32 from Dave's site, and with FLDIGI down, replaced the files into
      the location of the old version. Relaunched FLDIGI and had the latest
      up and running. I have not checked out all functions.
      Dave is this valid? It seemed to work.

      Marty kd8bj

      On 12/30/2010 01:52 PM, w1hkj wrote:

      hczerwick wrote:

      I have Fldigi 3.12.5 loaded and running under ubuntu 10. Will the rig.xml files on the Fldigi web site for 3.2.xx work with 3.12.5?

      Hank AB2XG

      No.  You need to upgrade to 3.20.xx Hank.  3.12.5 is over 2 years old.  The Ubuntu repository is very out of date.  You have a few choices

      1) build from source
      2) install from Kamal's repository https://launchpad.net/~kamalmostafa/+archive/fldigi

      Kamal is a radio amateur and works for Canonical.  He tries to stay pretty much up to date on the latest posting on the w1hkj web site.

      73, Dave, W1HKJ

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2011
        On 01/01/2011 11:02 AM, Marty Hartwell wrote:

        > Hi
        > Here is what I did, I use Ubuntu 10.04, downloaded the bin file for
        > 3.20.32 from Dave's site, and with FLDIGI down, replaced the files into
        > the location of the old version. Relaunched FLDIGI and had the latest
        > up and running. I have not checked out all functions.
        > Dave is this valid? It seemed to work.
        >
        > Marty kd8bj

        That is fine and works well. You could also just point your launcher to
        the new bin file and delete the old. Either is fine.