Re: [linuxham] Odd signal at 7035.2

  • John Randall
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2011
      Try the Ros software....

      John

      From: Rick Kunath <k9ao@...>
      To: linuxham@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sat, 1 January, 2011 15:32:39
      Subject: Re: [linuxham] Odd signal at 7035.2

      On Saturday, January 01, 2011 05:53:08 am you wrote:
      > 7035 is one of the centers of activity for PSK, especially in Europe and
      > those wanting to work DX.  At 125Hz wide, it could be PSK125.

      I thought that too originally, and it had some narrow sidebands that would
      appear that were approximately the same width as a PSK31 signal would be, but
      at times they were gone. Probably several stations on that frequency.

      It wasn't PSK125 though. I did try all of the normal PSK variants and about
      everything else I could think of.

      The waterfall looked pretty random, more like noise across the 125 Hz spot
      where it was. It woulds end clean like a sign off. And then come back later.

      PSK has the transitions you can see and usually the railroad tracks at the
      beginning and end of the transmission at least.

      this was really odd. No separate tomes like Olivia or Domino or Contestia or
      Throb, More like the noise of MT63 but even that has a start tone, and it's
      narrowest is 500 Hz. I think that ROS, and I never did keep track of the
      ultimate legality of that, is a lot wider too.

      But I'll try PSK125 again if it shows back up. and several of the 125 Hz PSK
      variants. I didn't see an RSID either.

      So this one has me stumped.

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          linuxham-digest@yahoogroups.com
          linuxham-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Roger G6CKR
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2011
        Don't forget you can capture the audio and them play it back as many
        times as needed or even mail the file to someone else to have a got at.
        73 Roger G6CKR