Re: [linuxham] Odd signal at 7035.2

  • Dave Wright
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2011
      7035 is one of the centers of activity for PSK, especially in Europe and those wanting to work DX.  At 125Hz wide, it could be PSK125.

      Dave
      K3DCW

      On Jan 1, 2011, at 1:32 AM, Rick Kunath wrote:

      Does anyone know what that signal at 7035.2 plus a little is?

      It looks to be 125 Hz wide and has intermod sidebands weakly at times, comes
      and goes, but I can't tell what mode that is.

      RIck Kunath, k9ao

      Dave Wright
      K3DCW

      Real radio bounces off the sky

    • Rick Kunath
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2011
        On Saturday, January 01, 2011 05:53:08 am you wrote:
        > 7035 is one of the centers of activity for PSK, especially in Europe and
        > those wanting to work DX. At 125Hz wide, it could be PSK125.

        I thought that too originally, and it had some narrow sidebands that would
        appear that were approximately the same width as a PSK31 signal would be, but
        at times they were gone. Probably several stations on that frequency.

        It wasn't PSK125 though. I did try all of the normal PSK variants and about
        everything else I could think of.

        The waterfall looked pretty random, more like noise across the 125 Hz spot
        where it was. It woulds end clean like a sign off. And then come back later.

        PSK has the transitions you can see and usually the railroad tracks at the
        beginning and end of the transmission at least.

        this was really odd. No separate tomes like Olivia or Domino or Contestia or
        Throb, More like the noise of MT63 but even that has a start tone, and it's
        narrowest is 500 Hz. I think that ROS, and I never did keep track of the
        ultimate legality of that, is a lot wider too.

        But I'll try PSK125 again if it shows back up. and several of the 125 Hz PSK
        variants. I didn't see an RSID either.

        So this one has me stumped.
      • John Randall
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 1, 2011
          Try the Ros software....

          John

          On Saturday, January 01, 2011 05:53:08 am you wrote:
          > 7035 is one of the centers of activity for PSK, especially in Europe and
          > those wanting to work DX.  At 125Hz wide, it could be PSK125.

          I thought that too originally, and it had some narrow sidebands that would
          appear that were approximately the same width as a PSK31 signal would be, but
          at times they were gone. Probably several stations on that frequency.

          It wasn't PSK125 though. I did try all of the normal PSK variants and about
          everything else I could think of.

          The waterfall looked pretty random, more like noise across the 125 Hz spot
          where it was. It woulds end clean like a sign off. And then come back later.

          PSK has the transitions you can see and usually the railroad tracks at the
          beginning and end of the transmission at least.

          this was really odd. No separate tomes like Olivia or Domino or Contestia or
          Throb, More like the noise of MT63 but even that has a start tone, and it's
          narrowest is 500 Hz. I think that ROS, and I never did keep track of the
          ultimate legality of that, is a lot wider too.

          But I'll try PSK125 again if it shows back up. and several of the 125 Hz PSK
          variants. I didn't see an RSID either.

          So this one has me stumped.

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              linuxham-digest@yahoogroups.com
              linuxham-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Roger G6CKR
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 1, 2011
            Don't forget you can capture the audio and them play it back as many
            times as needed or even mail the file to someone else to have a got at.
            73 Roger G6CKR