Re: mixed mode wav file

  • zgenubi
    Message 1 of 30 , Dec 5, 2010

      > Several users have questioned whether fldigi might need various bandpass
      > filters, notch filters etc. Most of the questions were targeted at the
      > waterfall representation. I thought it might help if you were able to
      > observe how the various decoders can work in the presence of band
      > limited white noise and other modes, all within a single 2500 Hz audio
      > passband.
      >
      > Download this file http://www.w1hkj.com/downloads/fldigi/mixed-modes.wav

      Very effective demonstration.

      I tried the Mark 1 Ear to demodulate the file by playing it with mplayer and had some luck. I could also hear some signals that I needed a computer or RTTY setup to make sense of.

      I had no clear idea how much I had missed until I used the Fldigi Audio, playback selector to open that file. There are about twice as many signals in the waterfall than I could detect with the Mark 1 Ear. Not only that, Fldigi could extract content from each signal.

      Kevin
      KI6STW