Can I practice Morse code with fldigi?

  • Jonathan L. Poland
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 29, 2010
      Greetings,

      I would like to use the built-in keyer on my FT-817 to practice code;
      using fldigi in CW mode to check how well I'm doing. Is this possible?

      I use the SignaLink USB as my computer interface. I've tried turning
      off "BK" on the FT-817 - I get audio from the speaker, but not back to
      the computer through the SignaLink. Do I have a setting wrong? Is my
      only choice to cable the headphone jack on the radio to the AUX input on
      my computer, and then change the input source in fldigi to my built-in
      audio (remembering to enable the AUX input in the sound settings)?

      Thanks,

      jon N0WL