Re: [linuxham] Re: Fldigi 3.20.29: problem with CALLOOK on Linux Ubuntu 10.04.1

  • ka1vgm
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 6, 2010
      On Sat, 6 Nov 2010 12:30:18 +0000
      Ian Wade G3NRW <g3nrw@...> wrote:

      > From: w1hkj <w1hkj@...>
      > Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 Time: 07:22:22
      >
      > >You can always check by
      > >aiming your browser at:
      > >
      > >"callook.info"
      > >
      > >Dave
      > >

      > I did, and it doesn't understand Gs ... :-(
      >
      > --
      > 73
      > Ian, G3NRW

      The domain callbook.info may be for sale by its owner!

      --
      Larry Levesque - KA1VGM

      "The powers not delegated to the United States by
      the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are
      reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

      Amendment X to the Constitution of the United States of
      America
    • Dick Kriss
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 6, 2010
        On 11/6/10 7:51 AM, "Dave Freese W1HKJ" <w1hkj@...> wrote:

        > Dick Kriss wrote:
        >>
        >> All I did was check the box to use Hamcall.net but I am not signed up
        >> as a paid user. I wrongfully assumed it was a free service so I will pass
        >> on using Hamcall.net
        >>
        >> Dick
        >
        > Check the box Callook info lookup (US callsigns only)
        >
        > Dave

        Fldigi-3.20.29.dmg works perfect now. I had the wrong box checked.

        You may want have that box check as a fldigi default setting.

        Thanks

        Dick AA5VU
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 6, 2010
          > Not the same problem as described but the new CALLOOK does not function
          > correct in fldigi-3.20.29.dmg (OS X version). It tries to connect but times
          > out on each attempt.
          >
          > Dick AA5VU

          Works perfectly here.

          Debian/GNU Linux

          Ed W3NR
        • Andy
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 6, 2010
            > Why did you build as root ?

            HI Dave,

            There was no particular reason that I built as root. I know that I only need to be root to do the "make install".

            > > Hamlib 1.2.7.1
            > >
            > Not a part of the problem, but you probably should update to 1.2.12

            Good point, and I'll do that after we're finished with this debug exercise.

            > Does anyone else see this behavior on IceWM ??

            I'm curious to know how many other folks run IceWM on Ubuntu. I'd guess not too many, but I'm happy to be proved wrong.

            I seldom iconify the Fldigi window while it is in use. However, I also noticed that this same problem occurs if I go to a different virtual desktop and come back to Fldigi. This happens somewhat regularly since I use the very nice <MAPIT> feature and my Firefox browser lives in a different virtual desktop.

            Thanks, and 73,

            Andy
          • T + J Williams
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 6, 2010
              Andy,

              On Sat, 2010-11-06 at 21:51 +0000, Andy wrote:
              > I'm curious to know how many other folks run IceWM on Ubuntu. I'd
              > guess not too many, but I'm happy to be proved wrong.

              I use it here on two laptops and two towers.

              Ted - wa0eir
              http://wa0eir.ham.org

              There are 10 types of people in this world: