Re: [linuxham] Question about Fldigi's 2minute audio buffer

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2010
      David A. Ranch wrote:
      > Hello Fldigi land,
      >
      > I have a few questions about the 2 minute audio buffer feature in FLdigi:
      >
      > 1. Where is this buffer stored? In RAM? In a store file on the hard drive?
      >

      > 2. I think I understand the use of the Control-Left vs. Control-Right
      > click but I don't find the documentation isn't very clear. The
      > following URL says:
      >
      > http://www.w1hkj.com/FldigiHelp-3.20/MousingKeyboardShortcuts.html says
      > --
      > Ctrl-Left click replay audio history at b/w marker position
      > Ctrl-Right click replay at cursor frequency and return on button release
      > --
      >
      > Does the Control-Left click decode the last 2 minutes of the placement
      > of the EXISTING marker?
      Yes, put the cursor over the maker and press the Control-left click.
      Make sure that you have the option checked on the Waterfall/Mouse
      configuration tab
      > I keep trying both versions and the decodes
      > aren't what I'd expect.
      >
      > 3. Is there a way that when I start an RX capture, I can include a copy
      > of the 2 minute audio buffer too?
      It's transient, in memory only. But you can always set the audio Rx
      capture to ON (see File / Audio / RX Capture) save as much of the audio
      stream as you need (to a wav file for example). You can play it back to
      fldigi or use for off-line analysis.