Re: [linuxham] Flying Horse Callbook CD - Linux interface

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2010
      Brian Jones wrote:
      I've been hacking a bit of code to map my QSOs onto Google Earth and can get lon/lat from qrz.com online (I am registered for their XML data service). However I have an older copy of the RAC 'Flying Horse' callbook  and the new edition is cheap from the RSGB  here in the UK so would buy a newer version if I could use it. However, it looks like the only official interface is via the windows DLLs on the CD.

      I was just wondering whether anyone in the Linux community had any code to read the data on this CD (I assume it is just compressed into some weird format rather than encrypted). I can't find anything on Google and note that fldigi only supports the QRZ CD which I believe does have a published Linux interface.
      The Linux interface was also written by me, W1HKJ.
      I know it would probably work under DOSEMU or WINE but I want to be able to read it programmatically.

      Seems a shame it is not usable under Linux.
      Get the publisher to release the data base specification and we can code the interface into fldigi.