Possible final solution for rendome audio muting

  • Roger G6CKR
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19, 2010
      Some time ago I asked for help with random muting audio and everything
      recommended did not help.
      Ehile looking at logs recently I noticed the following

      Aug 17 23:59:13 bilbo kernel: [ 159.830042] i2c IR (Pinnacle PCTV):
      unknown key: key=0x35 raw=0x35 down=1
      Aug 17 23:59:14 bilbo kernel: [ 159.950043] i2c IR (Pinnacle PCTV):
      unknown key: key=0x35 raw=0x35 down=0

      Mostly as pairs but some times singularly.
      I have never had an infra-red sensor plugged into the card so tried
      plugging it in but the messages continued and the random muting seemed
      the correlate with the messages.
      So a quick google later and the driver was removed with modprobe -r
      ir_kbd_i2c.
      So far it has been almost 2 full days with out a single muting.
      I have also black listed the driver but I'm not sure if that is working
      because I had to do the modprobe after a restart to stop the messages.

      hopefully I'm the only one with this problem but the info in now in the
      archive in case someone else suffers the same in the future.

      73 Roger G6CKR