Re: [linuxham] Locking the transmit frequency

  • Dick Kriss
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 18, 2010
      Re: [linuxham] Locking the transmit frequency On 8/18/10 6:19 AM, "Ed" <autek@...> wrote:

      On 08/18/2010 01:10 AM, k5yfw wrote:
      > What is the proper steps for locking the transmit frequency (tone) on a specific frequency but allowing the receiver with AFC track a received signal 50 Hz either side of the transmit frequency?
      >
      > For example, if I want to receive on 14,070 KHz +1500 Hz could I put the marker on the transmit frequency on 14070 KHz and the Fldigi marker on 14,071.5 and click on the Lk button.  Then click on the AFC button.
      >
      > In the Config Modem panel, I would set the "Acquisition Search Range" to 50 Hz, would the receiver lock onto a signal between 14071.45 KHz and 14871.55 KHz and the transmit signal remain on 14071.5 KHz?
      >
      > Walt/K5YFW

      You almost have it right. In your example, turn off the AFC, set the
      marker on yout transmit frequency (14070). Now click the LK button. Turn
      the AFC back on and you can move the marker anywhere you want for
      receive, even cross band. You can set the search range as you like.

      Ed W3NR

      Good reminder .... I forgot about first turning off the AFC.

      Thanks for the tip

      Dick AA5VU