Echolink Linux Client

  • richard.jenkins@internode.on.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 8 6:10 PM
      Thanks to those who have replied. Your observations/comments are appreciated. I did try to build one of the recommended clients:
      svxlink. Downloaded the sources okay ... but when I issued the 'make' command (as superuser), I got yhe following bleat from the
      machine. Is there anyone familiar enough with this program to tell me what I have missed?? I am running this on a laptop (Medion
      brand) with LinuxMint9 as my dsitribution of choice.

      -------------- async --------------
      -------------- async/core --------------
      --- Compiling AsyncSerialDevice.cpp...
      AsyncSerialDevice.cpp: In member function ‘void Async::SerialDevice::onIncomingData(Async::FdWatch*)’:
      AsyncSerialDevice.cpp:299: error: ‘perror’ was not declared in this scope
      make[3]: *** [AsyncSerialDevice.o] Error 1
      make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
      make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
      make: *** [all] Error 2

      Alternatively, is there a forum for this software??

      73

      Richard
      VK1RJ
    • Harry Bloomberg
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 8 6:15 PM
        On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 9:10 PM, <richard.jenkins@...> wrote:

[...]

        It's not just you Richard, I'm seeing the *exact* error on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.  And alas, a search of the project documentation was not very helpful.

        73,
        Harry Bloomberg W3YJ
        hbloomb@...
      • Rick Kunath
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 8 6:23 PM
          On Sunday, August 08, 2010 09:10:49 pm you wrote:
          > Thanks to those who have replied. Your observations/comments are
          > appreciated. I did try to build one of the recommended clients: svxlink.
          > Downloaded the sources okay ... but when I issued the 'make' command (as
          > superuser), I got yhe following bleat from the machine. Is there anyone
          > familiar enough with this program to tell me what I have missed?? I am
          > running this on a laptop (Medion brand) with LinuxMint9 as my dsitribution
          > of choice.
          >
          > -------------- async --------------
          > -------------- async/core --------------
          > --- Compiling AsyncSerialDevice.cpp...
          > AsyncSerialDevice.cpp: In member function ‘void
          > Async::SerialDevice::onIncomingData(Async::FdWatch*)’:
          > AsyncSerialDevice.cpp:299: error: ‘perror’ was not declared in this scope
          > make[3]: *** [AsyncSerialDevice.o] Error 1
          > make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
          > make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
          > make: *** [all] Error 2

          Have you done a "make realclean" followed by a "make"?

          That should clean up any dependencies.

          Rick Kunath, k9ao
        • Rick Kunath
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 8 6:27 PM
            On Sunday, August 08, 2010 09:23:15 pm you wrote:
            > On Sunday, August 08, 2010 09:10:49 pm you wrote:
            > > Thanks to those who have replied. Your observations/comments are
            > > appreciated. I did try to build one of the recommended clients: svxlink.
            > > Downloaded the sources okay ... but when I issued the 'make' command (as
            > > superuser), I got yhe following bleat from the machine. Is there anyone
            > > familiar enough with this program to tell me what I have missed?? I am
            > > running this on a laptop (Medion brand) with LinuxMint9 as my
            > > dsitribution of choice.

            One more thing...

            You never do the make as superuser.

            Clear out the source files and folder, grab and extract them again...

            Issue as a user:

            make realclean

            make

            if that completes

            su to root and then:

            make install

            Rick Kunath, k9ao
          • Harry Bloomberg
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 8 6:30 PM
              On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 9:27 PM, Rick Kunath <k9ao@...> wrote:

              On Sunday, August 08, 2010 09:23:15 pm you wrote:
              > On Sunday, August 08, 2010 09:10:49 pm you wrote:
              > > Thanks to those who have replied. Your observations/comments are
              > > appreciated. I did try to build one of the recommended clients: svxlink.
              > > Downloaded the sources okay ... but when I issued the 'make' command (as
              > > superuser), I got yhe following bleat from the machine. Is there anyone
              > > familiar enough with this program to tell me what I have missed?? I am
              > > running this on a laptop (Medion brand) with LinuxMint9 as my
              > > dsitribution of choice.

              One more thing...

              You never do the make as superuser.

              Clear out the source files and folder, grab and extract them again...

              Issue as a user:

              make realclean

              make

              if that completes

              su to root and then:

              make install

              Rick Kunath, k9ao

              Thanks for the help Rick!  Alas, I'm doing this as a regular user.  This is also happening immediately after extracting source from the tar file.  And I'm still getting the error after "make realclean" followed by "make".

              73,
              Harry Bloomberg W3YJ
              hbloomb@...
            • Rick Kunath
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 8 6:44 PM
                > Thanks for the help Rick! Alas, I'm doing this as a regular user. This is
                > also happening immediately after extracting source from the tar file. And
                > I'm still getting the error after "make realclean" followed by "make".

                Do you have these deps installed?

                sudo apt-get update
                sudo apt-get install g++ libsigc++-1.2-dev libgsm1-dev libpopt-dev tcl-dev
                libgcrypt11-dev libspeex-dev make alsa-utils

                And qt4 devel if you use KDE.

                Rick Kunath, k9ao