Re: [linuxham] Solar Conditions to be Disrupted!

  • Andrew Neumeier
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 4, 2010
      Hi,

      Well whatever the sunspot number and whatever the conditions appear to be, I try to make a habit of checking
      the rotating beacons on 20m at 144.100 (cw) run by the Northern Cal. DX Assoc.  I tend to check it late in the
      evening.  Am usually surprised to hear a number of beacons, often with no signal strength indicated on my rig.
      Then down to the cw sub-band I go and try to make a few contacts.  Have been hearing a lot of psk too, I need
      to check that out more often, as I am no doubt missing some dx.  As I have found on two meter ssb, and as you
      no doubt know, the bands are open far more often than it seems.  It's part of the fun of the hobby.

      73