Re: [linuxham] OS X hint

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 3, 2010
      Mitchel Baum wrote:
      Dave,

      One additional thing that I noticed:

      When fldigi (or any other errant application) crashes and reports a return code of some high number (such as 139), this usually means that OSX did not implement that particular system call.

      I suspect that this may happen with any application that is not compiled with X-Code (for OS-X)
      fldigi is compiled with Xcode
      or the internal IDE used by X-Code.
      But not the internal IDE.
      This will force a rather ungraceful migration away from the fltk environment, but I think that compiling at least one major release under the X-Code IDE would serve to filter out any un-handled code.

      Fldigi is wonderful, but I am still wondering why callsign lookup in OS-X does not populate from existing logs even though the record (callsign) is found and the mouse-over displays the information found correctly.
      I can not test for that problem on the mini-mac sitting on my desk Mitch.  I'll put it on the list.