Re: [linuxham] OS X hint

  • Mitchel Baum
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 3, 2010
      Dave,

      One additional thing that I noticed:

      When fldigi (or any other errant application) crashes and reports a return code of some high number (such as 139), this usually means that OSX did not implement that particular system call.

      I suspect that this may happen with any application that is not compiled with X-Code (for OS-X) or the internal IDE used by X-Code.
      This will force a rather ungraceful migration away from the fltk environment, but I think that compiling at least one major release under the X-Code IDE would serve to filter out any un-handled code.

      Fldigi is wonderful, but I am still wondering why callsign lookup in OS-X does not populate from existing logs even though the record (callsign) is found and the mouse-over displays the information found correctly.

      I am a fan of the KISS method of doing things, so the symbolic linking was just an outcropping of this idea. Maybe the code for installation could create the links automatically in future releases?

      73 de AF2M / Mitch Baum

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 3, 2010
        Mitchel Baum wrote:
        Dave,

        One additional thing that I noticed:

        When fldigi (or any other errant application) crashes and reports a return code of some high number (such as 139), this usually means that OSX did not implement that particular system call.

        I suspect that this may happen with any application that is not compiled with X-Code (for OS-X)
        fldigi is compiled with Xcode
        or the internal IDE used by X-Code.
        But not the internal IDE.
        This will force a rather ungraceful migration away from the fltk environment, but I think that compiling at least one major release under the X-Code IDE would serve to filter out any un-handled code.

        Fldigi is wonderful, but I am still wondering why callsign lookup in OS-X does not populate from existing logs even though the record (callsign) is found and the mouse-over displays the information found correctly.
        I can not test for that problem on the mini-mac sitting on my desk Mitch.  I'll put it on the list.