Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [linuxham] Heads Up fldigi Contestia LoTW Users

Expand Messages
  • Dick Kriss
    I checked the LoTW web page and downloaded the config.tq6 and it imported to tqslcert with no problem. I then opened tqsl to the Create a New ADIF file and
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2010
    • 0 Attachment
      Re: [linuxham] Heads Up fldigi Contestia LoTW Users I checked the LoTW web page and downloaded the config.tq6 and it imported to
      tqslcert with no problem.  I then opened tqsl to the Create a New ADIF file and
      checked the supported modes vs. a list I ran last night.  I did not see any new
      modes added to the list.

      I have no idea what changes are included in the config.tq6 file but I don’t
      think it changed tqsl. Until tqsl is updated, it looks like we will have to use
      the Preference option for Custom ADIF mode mappings for many of the
      digital modes.

      Dick AA5VU



      On 8/1/10 1:57 PM, "Richard Kriss" <aa5vu@...> wrote:


      Dave K3DCW,

      The way you can tell what modes will by tqsl is to go to the tqsl menu bar and
      click on File/Create an New ADIF file and check the modes selector.  

      It will be interesting to see if the update file you mentioned
      adds some new modes.

      Dick AA5VU



      On 8/1/10 1:44 PM, "Dave Wright" <hfradiopro@...> wrote:

      On a related-note, I'm not sure if all of these modes are covered or not, but there is a configuration update file available for TQSL that adds support for a lot of the more unusual modes.  To get it, you need to log into LoTW via the website, go to the certificates portion, and download the updated config file.  Once you download the file, you install it into TQSLCert by importing it, and once that is done, a lot of the unusual digital modes are instantly supported.

      I can't recall if this includes PSK25, Thor or Contestia, but I does include a lot of modes that are not supported in the "base" install of TQSL.

      Dave

      On Aug 1, 2010, at 2:38 PM, Dick Kriss wrote:

       
      On 7/31/10 10:42 PM, "Bob Nielsen" <n7xy@... <x-msg://267/n7xy@...> > wrote:


      I haven't installed TQSL on my new Mac yet, but recall that there is a configuration option to have the program automatically substitute a recognized mode for any another mode so you won't need to edit the .adif file.

      Bob, N7XY

      Bob N7XY,

      Good tip and reminder.  I should have remembered as I had the
      same issue with PSK25 and THOR some time ago.  I just opened
      the ARRL tqsl application and went to Preferences/ADID Modes and
      added one more to the Custom ADIF mode mappings

      Mine now says:

      CONTESTI -> DATA
      PSK25 -> DATA
      THOR -> DATA

      This should fix (band-aid) the issue for next time

      Thanks

      Dick AA5VU

        

      Dave
      K3DCW
      www.k3dcw.net <http://www.k3dcw.net>


         


    • Dave Wright
      If I recall correctly, it adds support for (at least) Throb, JT65 and a few others. Before the update, I couldn t upload those logs without using data . I
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2010
      • 0 Attachment
        If I recall correctly, it adds support for (at least) Throb, JT65 and a few others.  Before the update, I couldn't upload those logs without  using "data".  I don't see CONTESTIA, however.  

        Perhaps if we send enough requests to ARRL, they'll update the config file to allow more modes????


        Dave



        On Aug 1, 2010, at 3:24 PM, Dick Kriss wrote:

         
        I checked the LoTW web page and downloaded the config.tq6 and it imported to
        tqslcert with no problem.  I then opened tqsl to the Create a New ADIF file and
        checked the supported modes vs. a list I ran last night.  I did not see any new
        modes added to the list.

        I have no idea what changes are included in the config.tq6 file but I don’t
        think it changed tqsl. Until tqsl is updated, it looks like we will have to use
        the Preference option for Custom ADIF mode mappings for many of the
        digital modes.

        Dick AA5VU



        On 8/1/10 1:57 PM, "Richard Kriss" <aa5vu@...> wrote:


        Dave K3DCW,

        The way you can tell what modes will by tqsl is to go to the tqsl menu bar and
        click on File/Create an New ADIF file and check the modes selector.  

        It will be interesting to see if the update file you mentioned
        adds some new modes.

        Dick AA5VU



        On 8/1/10 1:44 PM, "Dave Wright" <hfradiopro@gmail. com> wrote:

        On a related-note, I'm not sure if all of these modes are covered or not, but there is a configuration update file available for TQSL that adds support for a lot of the more unusual modes.  To get it, you need to log into LoTW via the website, go to the certificates portion, and download the updated config file.  Once you download the file, you install it into TQSLCert by importing it, and once that is done, a lot of the unusual digital modes are instantly supported.

        I can't recall if this includes PSK25, Thor or Contestia, but I does include a lot of modes that are not supported in the "base" install of TQSL.

        Dave

        On Aug 1, 2010, at 2:38 PM, Dick Kriss wrote:

         
        On 7/31/10 10:42 PM, "Bob Nielsen" <n7xy@clearwire. net <x-msg://267/n7xy@clearwir e.net> > wrote:


        I haven't installed TQSL on my new Mac yet, but recall that there is a configuration option to have the program automatically substitute a recognized mode for any another mode so you won't need to edit the .adif file.

        Bob, N7XY

        Bob N7XY,

        Good tip and reminder.  I should have remembered as I had the
        same issue with PSK25 and THOR some time ago.  I just opened
        the ARRL tqsl application and went to Preferences/ ADID Modes and
        added one more to the Custom ADIF mode mappings

        Mine now says:

        CONTESTI -> DATA
        PSK25 -> DATA
        THOR -> DATA

        This should fix (band-aid) the issue for next time

        Thanks

        Dick AA5VU

          

        Dave
        K3DCW
        www.k3dcw.net <http://www.k3dcw. net>


           




        Dave
        K3DCW

      • Mitchel Baum
        Dick, You can also use the mapping function in TQSL to map new or unknown modes to DATA. Mitch Baum / AF2M
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 3, 2010
        • 0 Attachment
          Dick,

          You can also use the "mapping" function in TQSL to map new or unknown modes to DATA.

          Mitch Baum / AF2M

        • Dick Kriss
          ... RR ­ I finally remembered the Preference option in tqsl to remap modes to DATA Dick aa5vu Re: [linuxham] Heads Up fldigi Contestia LoTW Users On 8/3/10
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 3, 2010
          • 0 Attachment
            Re: [linuxham] Heads Up fldigi Contestia LoTW Users On 8/3/10 12:26 PM, "Mitchel Baum" <mitch.baum@...> wrote:

            Dick,

            You can also use the "mapping" function in TQSL to map new or unknown modes to DATA.

            Mitch Baum / AF2M

            RR – I finally remembered the Preference option in tqsl to remap modes to DATA

            Dick aa5vu
          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.