Re: [linuxham] Heads Up fldigi Contestia LoTW Users

  • Dick Kriss
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2010
      Re: [linuxham] Heads Up fldigi Contestia LoTW Users On 7/31/10 10:42 PM, "Bob Nielsen" <n7xy@...> wrote:

      I haven't installed TQSL on my new Mac yet, but recall that there is a configuration option to have the program automatically substitute a recognized mode for any another mode so you won't need to edit the .adif file.

      Bob, N7XY

      Bob N7XY,

      Good tip and reminder.  I should have remembered as I had the
      same issue with PSK25 and THOR some time ago.  I just opened
      the ARRL tqsl application and went to Preferences/ADID Modes and
      added one more to the Custom ADIF mode mappings

      Mine now says:

      CONTESTI -> DATA
      PSK25 -> DATA
      THOR -> DATA

      This should fix (band-aid) the issue for next time

      Thanks

      Dick AA5VU

    • Dave Wright
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2010
        On a related-note, I'm not sure if all of these modes are covered or not, but there is a configuration update file available for TQSL that adds support for a lot of the more unusual modes.  To get it, you need to log into LoTW via the website, go to the certificates portion, and download the updated config file.  Once you download the file, you install it into TQSLCert by importing it, and once that is done, a lot of the unusual digital modes are instantly supported.

        I can't recall if this includes PSK25, Thor or Contestia, but I does include a lot of modes that are not supported in the "base" install of TQSL.

        Dave

        On Aug 1, 2010, at 2:38 PM, Dick Kriss wrote:

        On 7/31/10 10:42 PM, "Bob Nielsen" <n7xy@clearwire. net> wrote:

        I haven't installed TQSL on my new Mac yet, but recall that there is a configuration option to have the program automatically substitute a recognized mode for any another mode so you won't need to edit the .adif file.

        Bob, N7XY

        Bob N7XY,

        Good tip and reminder.  I should have remembered as I had the
        same issue with PSK25 and THOR some time ago.  I just opened
        the ARRL tqsl application and went to Preferences/ ADID Modes and
        added one more to the Custom ADIF mode mappings

        Mine now says:

        CONTESTI -> DATA
        PSK25 -> DATA
        THOR -> DATA

        This should fix (band-aid) the issue for next time

        Thanks

        Dick AA5VU

        <image.png>

        Dave
        K3DCW

      • Dick Kriss
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 1, 2010
          Re: [linuxham] Heads Up fldigi Contestia LoTW Users Dave K3DCW,

          The way you can tell what modes will by tqsl is to go to the tqsl menu bar and
          click on File/Create an New ADIF file and check the modes selector.

          It will be interesting to see if the update file you mentioned
          adds some new modes.

          Dick AA5VU

          On 7/31/10 10:42 PM, "Bob Nielsen" <n7xy@... <x-msg://267/n7xy@...> > wrote:

          I haven't installed TQSL on my new Mac yet, but recall that there is a configuration option to have the program automatically substitute a recognized mode for any another mode so you won't need to edit the .adif file.

          Bob, N7XY

          Bob N7XY,

          Good tip and reminder.  I should have remembered as I had the
          same issue with PSK25 and THOR some time ago.  I just opened
          the ARRL tqsl application and went to Preferences/ADID Modes and
          added one more to the Custom ADIF mode mappings

          Mine now says:

          CONTESTI -> DATA
          PSK25 -> DATA
          THOR -> DATA

          This should fix (band-aid) the issue for next time

          Thanks

          Dick AA5VU

          Dave
          K3DCW
          www.k3dcw.net <http://www.k3dcw.net>

        • Dick Kriss
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 1, 2010
            Re: [linuxham] Heads Up fldigi Contestia LoTW Users I checked the LoTW web page and downloaded the config.tq6 and it imported to
            tqslcert with no problem.  I then opened tqsl to the Create a New ADIF file and
            checked the supported modes vs. a list I ran last night.  I did not see any new
            modes added to the list.

            I have no idea what changes are included in the config.tq6 file but I don’t
            think it changed tqsl. Until tqsl is updated, it looks like we will have to use
            the Preference option for Custom ADIF mode mappings for many of the
            digital modes.

            Dick AA5VU

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 3, 2010
                Dick,

                You can also use the "mapping" function in TQSL to map new or unknown modes to DATA.

                Mitch Baum / AF2M

              • Dick Kriss
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 3, 2010
                  Re: [linuxham] Heads Up fldigi Contestia LoTW Users On 8/3/10 12:26 PM, "Mitchel Baum" <mitch.baum@...> wrote:

                  Dick,

                  You can also use the "mapping" function in TQSL to map new or unknown modes to DATA.

                  Mitch Baum / AF2M

                  RR – I finally remembered the Preference option in tqsl to remap modes to DATA

                  Dick aa5vu