Re: [linuxham] Linux Winmor protocol driver

  • hteller
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 24, 2010
      I guess the complaint is that Visual Basic is platform-dependent. However, it is no longer "proprietary".

      Skip KH6TY

      On 7/24/2010 8:24 PM, hteller wrote:
      Isn't Visual Basic free now?

      73, Skip KH6TY

      On 7/24/2010 7:22 PM, David A. Ranch wrote:

      I've been watching the WinMOR TNC effort as well because I'd love to
      have an alternative to Packet on HF (it just doesn't work very well). I
      just signed up to the WinMOR Yahoo group and in doing a search, I think
      I found a potentially "big nail" in the Linux coffin: VisualBasic! I
      just don't understand why people write things in proprietary languages
      anymore.

      Dec 27. 2009
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WINMOR/message/5670
      --
      RMS Express and WINMOR TNC are both coded in VB.NET 2008 and run under .NET
      3.5. Some of the modules used (e.g. Viterbi Encoder/decoder and a

      Now with all that said, it's been a LONG time since I looked into the
      Linux "Mono" project and it seems they've added VisualBasic8 & .NET
      support. It seems the .Net support has most aspects of v3.5
      incorporated now so things might just work now! I'll have to give that
      a try:

      http://www.mono-project.com/VisualBasic.NET_support
      http://www.mono-project.com/Compatibility

      --David