Digipup etc.

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 9, 2007
      I have pulled the digipup.iso from the web site. I've increased the
      bandwidth for the site to 60 Gb / month, but the 97 Mg .iso downloads
      could soon over run that limit.

      BUT I think I have provided a better solution. I spent most of
      yesterday and today creating .pet installation files for Puppy OS.
      Check the web site for information on creating your own digipup from the
      base Puppy Live CD and the pet files that I have uploaded to the web site.

      I would appreciate feedback on the pet installs, the instructions for
      post install etc. This is probably a better approach as there really is
      no need to ask someone to download 97 Mg of iso when they might already
      have a Puppy Live CD in their possession.

      In the process I discovered how to create a complete set of hamlib
      libraries for Puppy. When you install fldigi-1.32 from the pet install
      file you will have a version of fldigi running on Puppy that can
      interface to your rig using either hamlib or the fldigi native rigCAT
      interface.

      73, Dave, W1HKJ
    • Leigh L Klotz, Jr.
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 9, 2007
        You might also look into bittorrent...

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 9, 2007
          Leigh L Klotz, Jr. wrote:
          > You might also look into bittorrent...

          One more technology for my 68 year old brain to master ... I'll stick to
          cutting c++ code for a while. :-)

          Dave, W1HKJ
        • Leigh L. Klotz, Jr.
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 9, 2007
            I will see what I can do.
            On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 12:15 pm, w1hkj wrote:
            > Leigh L Klotz, Jr. wrote:
            >> You might also look into bittorrent...
            >>
            > One more technology for my 68 year old brain to master ... I'll stick
            > cutting c++ code for a while. :-)
            >
            > Dave, W1HKJ
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Leigh L Klotz, Jr.
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 9, 2007
              I will see what I can do.
              On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 12:15 pm, w1hkj wrote:
              > Leigh L Klotz, Jr. wrote:
              >> You might also look into bittorrent...
              >>
              > One more technology for my 68 year old brain to master ... I'll stick
              > cutting c++ code for a while. :-)
              >
              > Dave, W1HKJ
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Martin AA6E
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 9, 2007
                There is a copy of digipup-1.32.iso at http://aa6e.net/digipup-1.32.iso
                (www.aa6e.net/aa6e/software) for your downloading pleasure. That is,
                until/unless my quota gets overrun!

                73 Martin AA6E

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 9, 2007

                  w1hkj wrote:

[...]

                  http://us.click.yahoo.com/lOt0.A/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/ELTolB/TM

                  <*> Your email settings:
                      Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                      (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:
                      mailto:linuxham-digest@yahoogroups.com
                      mailto:linuxham-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  Thanks Martin.  Does your iso contain the hamlib version?  Might be nice to make that available.

                  Dave, W1HKJ
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 10, 2007
                    Martin AA6E wrote:
                    > There is a copy of digipup-1.32.iso at http://aa6e.net/digipup-1.32.iso
                    > (www.aa6e.net/aa6e/software) for your downloading pleasure. That is,
                    > until/unless my quota gets overrun!

                    I am restoring the digipup.iso download to the w1hkj.com web site.

                    With your permission I am going to post the link to your mirror on the
                    w1hkj.com web site.
                    Also a mirror to a web host in Europe (Poland).

                    Thanks for the support.

                    Dave, W1HKJ
                  • Martin AA6E
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 10, 2007
                      Dave,

                      That is fine. I updated and installed the latest version that you
                      supplied (with Hamlib).

                      I would suggest adding a "build number" or other identification to the
                      filename so that we don't have to guess what's in each version!

                      Checksums for the files at aa6e.net:

                      MD5SUM: d81c8fc5dbd952afaee29d3f0fcdb55e digipup-1.32.iso
                      SHA1SUM: 817a57ff2a9329e52c8a654bab1a78904c8151f6 digipup-1.32.iso

                      73 Martin AA6E

                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 10, 2007
                        Martin AA6E wrote:
                        > Dave,
                        >
                        > That is fine. I updated and installed the latest version that you
                        > supplied (with Hamlib).
                        >
                        > I would suggest adding a "build number" or other identification to the
                        > filename so that we don't have to guess what's in each version!

                        Excellent suggestion. I will make the build number be a data-time as in
                        0703101200Z and also post the MD5SUM for the posting.

                        Dave, W1HKJ
                      • w2dlc
                        Message 11 of 11 , Sep 17, 2007
                          The MD5SUM on the site doesn't match the current version of digipup.
                          However, the iso seems to be fine.

                          Dan
                          W2DLC