25389Re: [linuxham] nGenLog

  • Michael K5WRN
    Jul 13 7:15 PM
      Bob,

      You are correct, there is TLF. My thoughts were faster than my hands
      when I typed that up. My thought actually is that we don't have a
      native contest logger such as N1MM. Yes, we have TLF but as you pointed
      out, it's CLI based. I've tried using it and found it frustrating.
      This is now venturing off topic, but I do hope that Petr gets some time
      to work on his contesting project. I would much rather use a native app
      then a win app via wine or a CLI app.

      Michael Wrenn - K5WRN
      Sugar Land, Texas
      www.kiltedcowboy.com
      www.qrz.com/db/K5WRN

      On 07/11/2014 06:18 PM, Bob Nielsen n7xy@... [linuxham] wrote:
      > There IS a native Linux contest logger, TLF: https://github.com/Tlf/tlf
      >
      > Of course, you will need to compile it and it uses a text console, not a GUI, but it works nicely and there is support for many contests.
      >
      > 73, Bob N7XY
      >
      > On Jul 11, 2014, at 12:21 PM, Michael Wrenn michael.k5wrn@... [linuxham] <linuxham@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      >
      >> I would have expected that any software based on .NET would run once you have N1MM running. A quick glance at the features of nGenlog shows that it is equivalent to CQRLog. If you are going to run Linux, you might try some of the native apps. Granted, we still don't have a native contest logger and N1MM is hands down the best full featured logger currently available. It sux that it's such a pain to get running (o:
      >>
      >> Seven Three,
      >>
      >> Michael - K5WRN
      >> http://www.qrz.com/db/K5WRN
      >>

      >> On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 10:57 AM, david.toombs@... [linuxham] <linuxham@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      >>

      >> Flushed with success after successfully installing N1MM under Linux Mint I thought I'd try nGenLog. It seems to install without any complaint (standard Wine install) but it wont run. No error messages, just doesn't run. If anyone anyone successfully managed to install nGenLog on Linux, please let me know?
      >>

      >> Dave, G8FXM

      > Yahoo Groups Links

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic