22763Fldigi on Google Nexus 7 running Ubuntu

  • Harry Bloomberg
    Nov 21 7:11 PM
      I've installed Ubuntu Touch Saucy Salamander (13.10) on a refurbished Google Nexus 7 (2012) and need some help running fldigi.

      I was able to install fldigi from a repository:

      sudo apt-get install fldigi

      For good measure I also downloaded the fldigi dependencies that one needs when building from scratch.

      The problem is, how do I now run fldigi?  I don't see an fldigi icon anywhere on the device, and when I try to run it from a terminal I receive an error message indicating that fldigi is not able to open the display.  Anybody have any ideas?  My expectation was that in installing from the repository, it should just work.  Or do I have to build completely from source, which is no problem for me as I've done it many times on non-tablet systems.

      I just deleted a long rant about the poor quality of Ubuntu Touch, but I'll save that for another day when and if I ever get Fldigi working.

      Harry Bloomberg W3YJ
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic