22752Re: [linuxham] Fldigi

  • Dick Kriss
    Nov 21, 2013

      On Nov 21, 2013, at 5:05 AM, linuxham@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:05 pm (PST) . Posted by:

      "Fred" richard31@...

      Hi
      I’m running OX 10.9 with a 2.7GHz iMac.
      When I run Fldigi in PSK31 and try to 'view channels’, the program closes. Curiously though the first time I ran it, it worked!

      I also find that occasionaly the waterfall screen freezes when changing modes. I’m using Fldigi 3.21.77.

      Does anyone have any suggestions for fixes?

      Thanks

      GW4BCF

      Hi Fred,

      I am using OS X 10.9.1 on a 27-inch 2.7 GHz iMac and cannot make fldigi-3.21.77 or 3.22OCM close when changing modes. I tried it several time and cannot duplicate the issue you describe.

      For normal operation, I keep the “View/Hide channels” in the Hide mode but to test for what you observed I changed to View and also went to http://www.w1hkj.com/FldigiHelp-3.21/signal-browser.html to be sure I was doing it correct.

      The same applies to the waterfall screen freezes as you change modes. I have never seen that; however, I have seen waterfall screen freezes while operation in contest mode.  When it happens, I quit and restart fldigi and the waterfall restarts.  I think this may be Mac OS issue or something to with the USB Audio CODEC interface.

      I suspect something may be hosed in your .xml file. Try this and see if the problem goes away.  Open your .fldigi folder and right-click on fldigi_def.xml and fldigi. prefs files and select the “Compress…" option.  Then move two (not zipped) files to trash and restart fldigi.  This will let you start over and create clean .xml and .prefs files. If the problem goes away you may have has some file corruption. You should then move the two .zip files to the trash and flush. If the problem is still there, quit fldigi, trash the new .xml and .prefs files and the click on the two zipped files and you will be back to where you started.

      Good luck!

      Dick AA5VU
    • Show all 37 messages in this topic