22747Re: [linuxham] SCS PTC - kptc?

  • Marc Coevoet
    Nov 18, 2013
      op 18-11-13 22:26, k7tmg@... schreef:
      > Marc, well I am having no luck with QT3 (I found 3.0.4) from
      > http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/troll/qt/source/
      >
      > it configures but I just get errors when I make it. I'm not experienced
      > enough to know what the problem is but I suspect permissions. I think I
      > will give up HI. If you get anywhere please let me know!

      I found this comment about png: (after ... error ... error: ‘ptrdiff_t’
      does not name a type)

      https://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/16992/

      http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/downloads/qt/
      so applying a patch to the right version ...

      but I did not continue ...

      version3.2 gives the same error:
      ../include/qvaluelist.h:88:13: error: ‘ptrdiff_t’ does not name a type
      typedef ptrdiff_t difference_type;
      ^
      ../include/qvaluelist.h:164:13: error: ‘ptrdiff_t’ does not name a type
      typedef ptrdiff_t difference_type;

      Something one might try when building from source ...
      (in an older version of linux?)
      add this line to /etc/apt/sources.list (with right version), or do it
      in the gui of synaptic ..)

      deb-src ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ etch main

      and then build from source for ubuntu/debian/other with

      apt-get -b source libdvdcss
      instead of just trying to install other folks binaries!

      if the source won't build, try:
      apt-get -b build-dep libdvdcss
      apt-get -b source libdvdcss

      replace the "libdvdcss" with whatever package you want to build.

      > Will try your FAX program :)

      always try ..

      ===
      my synaptic shows things like, but not much more ... to allow qt4 work
      with qt3 compatability layers ..

      libqt3support4-perl

      This package contains perl bindings for the Qt 3 compatibility library.

      It enables the use of Qt applications written in perl. For more details
      see the libqt4-qt3support package.

      This Package is part of the PerlQt module.

      Marc
      http://shortwave dot tk
      700+ Radio Stations on SW http://swstations dot tk
      300+ languages on SW http://radiolanguages dot tk