20573Re: [linuxham] Fldigi feature request - Macro to set QSO start time

  • Brian Smith
    Mar 12, 2013
      On Fri, 8 Mar 2013, Ed wrote:

      > You would *never* want to log the start time if you are in a DX piileup.
      > How are they supposed to know when you started ? You always log end
      > time....always.

      You're missing the point.

      As short as DX pileup QSOs tend to be, if the start time (which is
      normally set when the call is filled into Fldigi's log fields, and is
      usually what is logged for ragchew QSOs) is kept current until I can get
      to the DX station, it's almost the same as the end time. It's certainly
      close enough for LOTW, unless someone's clock is off. If I can update
      that start time automatically whenever I send a call to the DX station, I
      can consistently use the same logging and QSL procedures for both ragchews
      and pileups without having to worry about extra steps when the QSO

      Brian Smith WB4ES / avalon73 at caerleon dot us / WWW nexus.caerleon.us
      No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in
      session. -- Mark Twain (1866)
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic