Dialing up to goatelecom with wvdial

  • mailofashley
    Message 1 of 1 , May 19, 2003
      Hi, everyone.

      I use wvdial of Redhat 6.2 to dial up to my goatelecom acct. I'm
      having a few probs. For one, sometimes wvdial gives up with a
      message saying "Don't know what to do. Starting pppd and hoping for
      the best." and, in my opinion, it gives up a bit too early. Can
      anyone tell me how to set the timeout for this? There doesn't seem
      to be anything of the sort in the wvdial.conf file or the man page.
      Also, can anyone inform me which modem init string works best?

      Finally, if you feel that some other dialer, such as kppp, should be
      used instead of wvdial, let me know.

      Thanks in advance.

      With regards,
      Ashley.