Re: Linux tools for ARM

  • Fornzix
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 15, 2013
      Kali Linux, the successor to BackTrack 5, also has support for ARM and
      includes forensic and security tools. Here's a link in case you're
      interested:

      <Kali Linux, the successor to BackTrack 5, also has support for ARM and
      includes forensic and security tools. Here's a link in case youre
      interested: http://www.kali.org/> <http://www.kali.org>
      http://www.kali.org/ <Kali Linux, the successor to BackTrack 5, also has
      support for ARM and includes forensic and security tools. Here's a link
      in case youre interested: http://www.kali.org/>

      <http://docs.kali.org/category/armel-armhf>

      --- In linux_forensics@yahoogroups.com, Greg Freemyer
      <greg.freemyer@...> wrote:

      > All,
      >
      > I guess we all know ARM cpu's are becoming a major factor and drive
      > smartphones, pads, etc. You may not realize that motherboards and
      > soon even servers are now being sold with ARM cpu's.
      >
      > As far as I know, there is not an easy way to boot these machines into
      > windows, but you may not know that linux is rapidly adding support.
      >
      > As I've said before, I'm a user/package maintainer for openSUSE and I
      > just saw this overview article which is a very interesting read if
      > nothing else.

      https://news.opensuse.org/2013/04/15/about-armv7-progress-and-arming-for\
      -aarch64-and/

      > I suggest everyone on this list give it a read since it includes some
      > news that is only days old as well as a good overview of what's going
      > on in the world of ARM.
      >
      > Note that I have been slowly adding computer forensics tools to
      > opensuse, so there are a number of computer forensic tools within the
      > opensuse 12.3 release for ARM.
      >
      > Greg

    • Greg Freemyer
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 15, 2013
        I've experimented with BackTrack 5, but I don't recall it having forensic
        tools? ie. imagers, log2timeline, registry parsers, etc.

        Is there a list of tools on Kali Linux?