Linux tools for ARM

  • Greg Freemyer
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 15, 2013
      All,

      I guess we all know ARM cpu's are becoming a major factor and drive
      smartphones, pads, etc. You may not realize that motherboards and
      soon even servers are now being sold with ARM cpu's.

      As far as I know, there is not an easy way to boot these machines into
      windows, but you may not know that linux is rapidly adding support.

      As I've said before, I'm a user/package maintainer for openSUSE and I
      just saw this overview article which is a very interesting read if
      nothing else.

      https://news.opensuse.org/2013/04/15/about-armv7-progress-and-arming-for-aarch64-and/

      I suggest everyone on this list give it a read since it includes some
      news that is only days old as well as a good overview of what's going
      on in the world of ARM.

      Note that I have been slowly adding computer forensics tools to
      opensuse, so there are a number of computer forensic tools within the
      opensuse 12.3 release for ARM.

      Greg
    • Fornzix
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 15, 2013
        Kali Linux, the successor to BackTrack 5, also has support for ARM and
        includes forensic and security tools. Here's a link in case you're
        interested:

        <Kali Linux, the successor to BackTrack 5, also has support for ARM and
        includes forensic and security tools. Here's a link in case youre
        interested: http://www.kali.org/> <http://www.kali.org>
        http://www.kali.org/ <Kali Linux, the successor to BackTrack 5, also has
        support for ARM and includes forensic and security tools. Here's a link
        in case youre interested: http://www.kali.org/>

        <http://docs.kali.org/category/armel-armhf>

        --- In linux_forensics@yahoogroups.com, Greg Freemyer
        <greg.freemyer@...> wrote:

        > All,
        >
        > I guess we all know ARM cpu's are becoming a major factor and drive
        > smartphones, pads, etc. You may not realize that motherboards and
        > soon even servers are now being sold with ARM cpu's.
        >
        > As far as I know, there is not an easy way to boot these machines into
        > windows, but you may not know that linux is rapidly adding support.
        >
        > As I've said before, I'm a user/package maintainer for openSUSE and I
        > just saw this overview article which is a very interesting read if
        > nothing else.

        https://news.opensuse.org/2013/04/15/about-armv7-progress-and-arming-for\
        -aarch64-and/

        > I suggest everyone on this list give it a read since it includes some
        > news that is only days old as well as a good overview of what's going
        > on in the world of ARM.
        >
        > Note that I have been slowly adding computer forensics tools to
        > opensuse, so there are a number of computer forensic tools within the
        > opensuse 12.3 release for ARM.
        >
        > Greg

      • Greg Freemyer
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 15, 2013
          I've experimented with BackTrack 5, but I don't recall it having forensic
          tools? ie. imagers, log2timeline, registry parsers, etc.

          Is there a list of tools on Kali Linux?