Employment Opportunity: Computer Forensics Laboratory Manager(s), Naval Postgraduate School

  • Simson Garfinkel
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2012
      http://nps.edu/Academics/Institutes/Cebrowski/Relationships/Employment-Opportunities.html

      Employment Opportunities
      Cebrowski Institute > Relationships
      Computer Forensics Laboratory Manager(s), Naval Postgraduate School

      Location: Arlington, VA
      Duties: The Computer Forensics Laboratory Manager is responsible for supporting faculty, research scientists and graduate students. Responsible for managing a corpus of disk images, memory image and network packets that is currently 30TB in size.

      Duties include:

      ingesting new media that is received from our contractors;
      maintaining order in the database;
      assuring that data is replicated to our remote sites;
      copying data to hard drives for distribution to our research partners;
      monitoring who gets which information
      handling data recalls.
      supporting access to the corpus from our servers and workstations over both local and remote network connections.
      The Laboratory Manager and IT Manager is also responsible for managing the installation, updates, and maintenance of our computer forensic tools and research computer systems. This includes traditional computer support and maintenance (ordering, installations, upgrades, and trouble shooting), as well as system administration and trouble-shooting. Technologies that we use include three MacPro servers MacOS 10.7, three Dell R510 servers running Fedora Core 16, a single Windows Server 2008, 10Gig Ethernet, 120TV of storage on a fibre channel cluster, six Apple workstations and six Windows workstations.

      This position offers substantial opportunities for training, direct involvement in research and advancement.

      Qualifications: Familiarity with the operation and administration of Macintosh, Windows and Linux computers, including account management, network management, and downloading, configuring and installation open source software. The successful candidate will understand LDAP, SMTP, SSH, Mailman, LaTeX and Subversion. Candidates must be able to obtain a DOD TS/SCI clearance.

      Education: A bachelor�s degree in a computer-related field such as computer science or computer engineering, with demonstrated experience. A master�s degree or PhD in computer science is preferred.