Sleuth Kit and Open Source Digital Forensics Conference
- The first ever Sleuth Kit and Open Source Digital Forensics Conference will be held on June 9, 2010 in Chantilly, Virginia (USA) and feature talks by leading digital forensics tool developers. Participants can learn about using open source tools, how to integrate them into automated analysis systems, and join in open discussions about the strengths and weaknesses of existing tools. The conference will be of interest to existing open source users and to investigators who want to learn more about using open source tools.
Some of the scheduled talks include:
* Brian Carrier speaking about The Sleuth Kit (TSK) and its new features.
* Jamie Butler speaking about using TSK in the MANDIANT software.
* Dario Forte speaking about the PTK interface to TSK.
* Rob Joyce speaking about using TSK in the Mac Marshall software.
* Simson Garfinkel speaking about AFFLib.
* Harlan Carvey speaking about making time lines of system activity with open source tools.
For more information about the conference, visit:
Program details and online registration will be available soon. Registration will be free to government employees. The conference is being held in conjunction with the Basis Technology Government Users Conference.