Interested in a Sleuth Kit and Open Source Forensics Users Conference?

  • Brian Carrier
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2010
      We are thinking about hosting the first ever Sleuth Kit and Open Source Forensics Users Conference this year on June 9 in Chantilly, VA (USA). It would be held in conjunction with the Basis Technology Government Users Conference (but it will be open to non-Government users). The goal of the conference would be to announce some new Sleuth Kit features, learn about how Sleuth Kit is integrated into other tools, learn about other open source forensics tools, and get some ideas on future directions of the tools.

      We have commitments from some companies who are willing to talk about how they are using TSK and I next wanted to get an idea about who was interested in attending or giving a presentation. Can you send me an e-mail (off list) if you would be interested in attending or presenting? If there is enough interest, then we'll see you in June!

      For those who want more location details, here is a link to the Basis conference site:
      http://www.basistech.com/conference/2010/directions.html

      thanks,
      brian
    • Luis Salazar
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 8, 2010
        Hello group, I was wondering if the group has a list of linux based forensic training that you wouldn't mind sharing. I'm aware of Farmer Dude's site. Are there others?

        Thank you in Advance.

        -Luis Salazar
        Calif Dept of Justice