Re: IM tracking

  • anuj
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2005
      You can try two things!
      1: Open ur terminal /dos and
      netstat -a -n
      this will give you the active/establishd connections list with the
      local ip address and the foreign ip address, Note Down established
      forign ip addresses.
      2:Now send any file to the person u want to track.
      While the file transfer is going on run the same command again. i.e.
      netstat -a -n
      the new established connection is ur target's ip address.

      The Second thing is :
      Use the latest gaim messaging client, On linux platform I found that
      it gives the ip address of ur buddy in list (if u r chatting with
      him/her).

      Now next step is to get to know about location.
      there are many methods...also many sites provide such a tool
      (IP > country)
      www.msv.dk
      www.dnsstuff.com

      You got the Location now.