Re: c/c++

  • Sarah Schwalm
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2 9:28 AM
      > >Hi guys. Has anyone come across any good books on doing graphical
      > >programming in c? All of mine just cover the basics, the very basics.
      > >Thanks again.
      >
      > What kind of "graphical" programming do you want to do? Not that I
      > have the answers, but I can give you some pointers so that you can ask
      > intelligent questions of the experts.

      Go to http://www.ora.com O'Riley & Associates publishes some of the best
      computer books you'd ever want to lay eyes on, and they've got plenty that
      are Linux specific. If you find something there that suits your needs,
      then hop on over to Amazon.com and order it there. (It really is cheaper
      than buying directly from the publisher, believe it or not.)

      I own two of their C books, and I'm guessing they're probably not what
      you're looking for. However, they do have a _very_ extensive collection
      which covers X-Windows programming (if that's the kind of "graphical" you
      mean) as well as a book on Qt for KDE programming.

      HTH.

      Sarah
    • wen-shan wang nmtr stnt
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2 9:49 AM
        the following are very good websites which collect 30-40 online
        bookstores information such as the price, shipping duration.....
        when you want to order the books, try there fisrt.

        www.addall.com or www.pricescan.com

        regards sunny

        On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, Sarah Schwalm wrote:

        > From: Sarah Schwalm <starlite@...>
        >
        > > >Hi guys. Has anyone come across any good books on doing graphical
        > > >programming in c? All of mine just cover the basics, the very basics.
        > > >Thanks again.
        > >
        > > What kind of "graphical" programming do you want to do? Not that I
        > > have the answers, but I can give you some pointers so that you can ask
        > > intelligent questions of the experts.
        >
        > Go to http://www.ora.com O'Riley & Associates publishes some of the best
        > computer books you'd ever want to lay eyes on, and they've got plenty that
        > are Linux specific. If you find something there that suits your needs,
        > then hop on over to Amazon.com and order it there. (It really is cheaper
        > than buying directly from the publisher, believe it or not.)
        >
        > I own two of their C books, and I'm guessing they're probably not what
        > you're looking for. However, they do have a _very_ extensive collection
        > which covers X-Windows programming (if that's the kind of "graphical" you
        > mean) as well as a book on Qt for KDE programming.
        >
        > HTH.
        >
        > Sarah

        > visit www.onelist.com.

      • Leonid Mamchenkov
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2 1:56 PM
          Ed McMan wrote:

          > From: Ed McMan <EdMcMan@...>
          >
          > Hi guys. Has anyone come across any good books on doing graphical
          > programming in c? All of mine just cover the basics, the very basics.

          You have to search for books on Graphics...not for books on C...
          most books on graphics have their algorithms in C or C++...

          Leonid Mamtchenkov
          E-mail: leonid@...
          Quote : Computers are unreliable, but humans are even more unreliable.
          - Gilb