Mint Debian Mate ISO

  • Gene Henley
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 12, 2014
      I downloaded the Mint Debian ISO. Imgburn says that its too large for a DVD.
        I wonder if that`s true.
                                               Gene Henley
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 12, 2014
        On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 12:08:18PM -0400, Gene Henley wrote:
        > I downloaded the Mint Debian ISO. Imgburn says that its too large for a DVD.
        > I wonder if that`s true.
        > Gene Henley
        Doesn't seem right, it seems to show as around 1 GB in size, which should
        certaintly fit on a DVD.

        If you have a spare USB stick, it might be worth using unetbootin to put it
        on a USB stick instead.

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 12, 2014
          On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 12:08:18PM -0400, Gene Henley wrote:
          > I downloaded the Mint Debian ISO. Imgburn says that its too large for a DVD.
          > I wonder if that`s true.
          > Gene Henley

          Hi Gene,

          Should fit on there just fine. Do you already have data on the DVD? Are
          you sure its a DVD in the drive and not a CD?

          I've never used Imgburn, I've always used wodim on linux (what used to
          be called cdrecord) but looking on google images, there's a dialog that
          tells you details about your target media:

          http://www.imgburn.com/images/screenshot_read.png

          The Mint dvd is 1.1G which should fit on a DVD with lots of spare room.